When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from SoCal

Hello everyone,

New member here. I am a father of 4 wonderful kids and my interests are in cars, electronics, and especially have a weakness for fine watches. Fortunately have been able to afford a couple of real "Tags'" but am looking into expanding my collection with some fine clones/replicas.

I joined the forum to learn from those that know the difference between getting my moneys worth and being ripped off. Hope to learn some new things here. 

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the rwgforum. You will fine an infinite quantity of quality information, reviews and trusted dealer links over here. As with everything else expensive generally means better and there are some true superreps out there to complement Your collection. Take a look in the TAG section and compare them to those You own or use the search top right corner to type in the models. Enjoy reading around.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. This site is highly addictive though. Have spent so many hours already doing research and enjoying the abundance of knowledge and suggestions available. Got caught by a couple of co-workers looking at this site and they all have the same reaction to the posted pics (ummmm, those are interesting watches. can't believe they are reps). lol

Edited by jayster0966

As You mention AP - the AP diver V5.1 or V6 in SS is an absolutely fantastic watch - from the looks and from the quality feel itself and its available from several TD. Highly recommended. 

Ap_2413cr.jpg

Same goes for the TAG Aquaracer 300m Chrono Grande Date, swiss Ronda Quartz and same functions 1/10 sweeping seconds at 6 as the gen, possibly one of the most gen-feeling reps, just my opinion

IMG_2110.jpg

• Like 1

have ya been to Santee Alley yet ?

Can't say that I have. I have heard both good and bad things about it. Friend of mine has showed me a couple of pieces (IWC) from there and I was not impressed. Very cheap feel and quality. 

Have you had any luck downtown? 

Edited by jayster0966

Can't say that I have. I have heard both good and bad things about it. Friend of mine has showed me a couple of pieces (IWC) from there and I was not impressed. Very cheap feel and quality. 

Welcome OC neighbor. First of all, definitely avoid any places outside of RWG forums, period. High end reps don't make it to the street and 99% of websites are scam.

You will learn a lot here and you will see that there are few replicas that can make buying its Gen counterpart complete nonsense. That said, both Replicas and Gen's have their place.

• Like 1

nope but it's fun to watch the knapsackers run when the Polizia show up

either way downtown is good only for the cheap eats and treats

and little else

• Like 1