When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Master 2 with DG3804B can swap with Hangzhou6460 ?

t_dawson

Hi! New here. Just bought a GMT Master 2 ceramic with a DG3804B(if I am correct. Attached is the picture) confirmed running at 21,600 bph. Can it be swap with a Hangzhou 6460 movement with a 28,800bph?

Need advice!

Thks! post-63686-139878617947.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The DG 3804 has an independently adjustable GMT hand.

The Hangzhou 6460 is just a clone ETA with GMT, you need all the usual stuff for a 21j to ETA swap: new hands, new dial or cut feet, new stem, etc. The usual answer is don't bother.

If it does have a independently settable GMT hand then why are most people (myself included) using it in there 1675 builds that does not have a independently settable GMT hand?

That looks like a modified 2813 to me.

That looks like a modified 2813 to me.

It is a modified 2813. That's what a 3804 is.

2813:

dg-2813.jpg

3804:

DG3804B.jpg

A 3804 is a GMT-modded movement just like a 2836 with GMT module is. The calendar gear driving wheel is used to drive an additional wheel that sits on top of the movement. They are the exact same mod. 

• Like 1

It is a modified 2813. That's what a 3804 is.

2813:

dg-2813.jpg

3804:

DG3804B.jpg

A 3804 is a GMT-modded movement just like a 2836 with GMT module is. The calendar gear driving wheel is used to drive an additional wheel that sits on top of the movement. They are the exact same mod. 

From the Cousins UK website

Resize_Image_aspx.jpg

Ø26.00mm Movement, China DG2813

Cousins ref: DG2813M

Resize_Image_aspx_2.jpg

Ø26.00mm Movement, Steel Colour Plates, China DG3804 (3804)

Cousins ref: CH3804BM

The 3804 from CousinsUK is different to the one you show. This is the movement I am using in my 1675. Are the extra wheels leading out to the stem area on yours the function to set the GMT hand independently?

The 3804 I have does not have these wheels and the  GMT hand is not settable.

The 3804 from CousinsUK is different to the one you show. This is the movement I am using in my 1675. Are the extra wheels leading out to the stem area on yours the function to set the GMT hand independently?

The 3804 I have does not have these wheels and the  GMT hand is not settable.

No, it's the same movement, just with the cover plate installed. The pics I linked to are from the ofrei website. Yes, those wheels connect to the calendar adjustment mechanism to allow independent adjustment.

It looks like the movement pictured at Cousins doesn't have the gear-within-a-gear GMT wheel which is required to have an independently adjustable GMT hand (the part holding the hand has to be able to slip against the part geared to the calendar wheel in order to allow adjustment) so perhaps this is a different variant of the same movement. Everything else looks the same.

Hi! Thks for all replies! Yes! The GMT is adjustable. The opposite direction of the date adjustment is the GMT adjustment. Well, I presumed is DG3804B after comparing the movement pictures( I maybe wrong ). I wanted to change the movement because sweeping second handing is somewhat jumpy. I prefer the 28,800bph which is very smooth sweeping motion. Just need to know if all the experts here are able to help on the swap.

• 1 year later...

Hello People, I hope you can help me cos I really need some help with replacing a GMT movement in my Replica Omega seamaster GMT 300 Co-axial 2535.80.00 Co-Axial Chronometer the movement I was looking at was the Hangzhou 6460 movement ETA 2836-2 would this movememt fit in the watch and would the hands and face fit.. I just would like to swap out the movement and replace with a new one.. can anyone suggest one that would if this wouldn't. 

Thank you