When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM90 confusion - swiss made text

oper8r

Ok, I'm new here, but play along for this one please and give me your objective view.

Here is a genuine PAM 90 Luminor Power Reserve straight of the official panerai website (below)

Please note the Swiss Made text and Position under the text. My current PAM90 has it here, and has a working power reserve.

The below photo is a Gen Luminor Power Reserve

post-64069-0-09539200-1400147823_thumb.p

Now here is a shot from a Rep website, showing their angle on it. Am I missing something? How could such a detail be wrong when they go to such pains to get clone everything else? Also whats with the faux power reserve.(not able to be noted in the picture obviously but an additional irritation!)

post-64069-0-76847100-1400148150_thumb.p

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good site for Pam 90's with working power reserves?

Cheers

Edited by oper8r

Welcome to the world of reps. Every rep will have flaws. Some are minor, some are major.

As for the power reserve ... you are talking about a gen in-house movement. With a rep, in order to have the same functionality, there would have to be a corresponding cloned movement. For reps with certain complications (like this one), the factories aren't likely to do it.

If you want a PAM w/ working power reserve, you need to look for one (like the 27) where PAM used the Dubois Depraz movement. There are versions of that one available where people have swapped in the gen movement.

There are 2 versions of the 90

The cheaper seagull movement has a working PR. The downside is Date-wheel and Mag and there is a button pusher at 8 o'clock to change the date. The A7750 version is much higher quality and Gen like but just has a faux PR. I would get one of these and I would be quick because they've not been popular and I doubt they will be available for much longer. Be keen to hear what decision you make.