When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Sumbariner Size Confusion

Truman

Hello,

First of all, I just want to let you know that I'm new on this website and I am really enjoy to spent my time here, there a lot of useful information on this forum. Thank you all for that.

So, first I wanted to buy Panerai replica, but now I decided to switch to classical Rolex Submariner.  

The main question is that they all come 40 mm size, but I found the same model 43mm. The guy in Rolex store here in Chicago told me that they all coming only 40mm and the bigger size is made only by replica asian factories, so basically 43mm is doesn't  exist. 

http://www.watcheden.net/rolex-submariner-automatic-with-black-bezel-and-dial-s-s-i-126580-p-1.html?&color=&size=      - 40mm (108$)

http://www.watcheden.net/rolex-submariner-automatic-ceramic-bezel-with-black-dial-s-s-i-115370-p-1.html                 - 43mm (158$)

Can someone please explain this confusion. Thank you in advance. Looking forward for your answers. 

Edited by Truman

Hello!

Your two links are both relatively modern Rolex watches. One is a "nipple dial" Rolex, called this because of it's pointy, cone shape hour markers, and the second link you chose is for a very recent Ceramic Rolex watch.

This is what you want, if you are looking for a "classic" Rolex diver watch http://puretime-asia.com/product/vintage-sea-dweller-1665-great-white-white-lume-dial-a21j/

• Like 1

40mm only

The difference in those links is because you are looking at two different models, the Classic Sub (16610, now discontinued) and the Ceramic Sub (116610, current model).

They should both be 40mm. WE might have an error.

Thank you so much guys. Now I see the difference. 

Hello!

Your two links are both relatively modern Rolex watches. One is a "nipple dial" Rolex, called this because of it's pointy, cone shape hour markers, and the second link you chose is for a very recent Ceramic Rolex watch.

This is what you want, if you are looking for a "classic" Rolex diver watch http://puretime-asia.com/product/vintage-sea-dweller-1665-great-white-white-lume-dial-a21j/

Thanks for the link, but maybe I didn't realize the real meaning of "classic" for Rolex. Actually, I like cyclop version more. What is you opinion, from which website you suggest to buy. Puretime vs watcheden? 

So guys, what is your opinion, Watcheden or Puretime?

I'm not too sure about these but $100 is very cheap. You are "buying a rolex" after all. I'd be tempted to save a few more $ and buy a noob version 2 from maybe torobravo2014 or a BP factory submariner from ttw888 (trusty time) for example. Both are trusted dealers

Just advice because it would be bad to be disappointed when your flashy new watch arrives in the post!

Whatever you decide enjoy it

Peace

Dusk

• Like 1

I'm not too sure about these but $100 is very cheap. You are "buying a rolex" after all. I'd be tempted to save a few more $ and buy a noob version 2 from maybe torobravo2014 or a BP factory submariner from ttw888 (trusty time) for example. Both are trusted dealers

Just advice because it would be bad to be disappointed when your flashy new watch arrives in the post!

Whatever you decide enjoy it

Peace

Dusk

Both are trusted dealers and both will send what you buy,

Thank you guys for your replies!

So I placed an order on watcheden for my first Rolex Submariner. The transaction wasn't smooth, but I contacted with Watcheden through PM and they respond really fast, so I pretty satisfied with their service at this moment and everything is ok so far. I hope that I will be satisfied with my new watches when I will receive it. I will let you know if you guys interested. 

Edited by Truman

Guest mikemcnair

Which version did you end up purchasing? I'd be interested to see your opinion of it when it arrives also, as this appears to be your first rep purchase.

I am sure you will be pleased no matter what, and likely shocked at the accuracy. I remember my first "good rep" purchase, and I was blown away at how well the watch was made.

Please keep us informed, and congrats!

Which version did you end up purchasing? I'd be interested to see your opinion of it when it arrives also, as this appears to be your first rep purchase.

I am sure you will be pleased no matter what, and likely shocked at the accuracy. I remember my first "good rep" purchase, and I was blown away at how well the watch was made.

Please keep us informed, and congrats!

I placed an order for this one: http://www.watcheden.net/rolex-submariner-oyster-perpetual-date-automatic-with-black-dial-and-bezel-i-11670-p-1.html

Yeah, its really cheap, but It just to try it and get to know if I am into replica or not. Thank you, I hope that you are right and I am going to be pleased no matter what =)

Hi,

how it went? Did you get it?

I am interested in a vintage style submariner too and I found my choice in puretime, the link is:

http://www.puretime-asia.com/product/vintage-submariner-1680-white-660200-yellow-lume-dial-a21j/

but I don´t know if the web is safe, you people from here say it is trusted, so did you have any good buying time?

Anyway how can I contact to trusted dealers you said, like torobravo2014?