When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Franken Datejust 16200

manuel

Some time ago, when I arrived to this forums I was enlightened by some projects of members here.

I always liked the datejust, because its simplicity and beautiness, so when ubiquitous started his project and posted his granite pictures i told myself that I had to do it too. Gathering parts was funny, but it later took me some time to see the project accomplished. I even decided to sell the parts but buyer changed his mind, so I kept the parts and finished the damn thing.

Building a freanken instead of buying a simple rep is more costly and you have to be patient.

So here it is, hope you like it, Regards Manuel

The 16200 case. Serial number circa 1991. It has lugholes.

164820-11385.jpg

164820-11386.jpg

Some other parts, thanks to erd04056 member for the date overlay:

164820-11387.jpg

And now, finished!

164820-11388.jpg

164820-11389.jpg

164820-11390.jpg

Compare genuine and fake clasp, the one I putted is genuine.

164820-11391.jpg

See genuine shappire and thick crystal:

164820-11392.jpg

More pics:

164820-11393.jpg

164820-11394.jpg

other rollies. Now I will focus on the WM white 1680 ;) I like vintage reps too.

164820-11395.jpg

Wow that's a beatiful watch there, very nice work. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can I ask why you used the 2824 instead of the 2846 which has a slower beat?

I think the gen 16200 datejust fits caliber 3035 which aint slow beat. (28000 bph?)

caliber 1570 is more slow beat, just like vintage.

Thanks chieftang, at this moment i dont know if sell this watch or not, i may find another project to work with...

How or where did you get the spacer ring for the movement. I am working on the same project, but I don't know what to use as a spacer ring. Any help is appreciated...

Spacer ring is custom made. aint should be difficult, but I lack skills to perform that. I even dont have a rolex opener... The spacer ring was done by a proffesional watch repairer, someone who lives by doing these things and has a watch repairing business related. He fitted the movement and glued overlay..I must say I am lucky enough to have someone to perform these things. You know most watch repairers dont even touch a rep...