When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Diver v6 from J12 or v5.1 Noob?

Guest khashayar

Guest khashayar

Hey guys,

About to purchase my first AP and I've decided for the diver. As can be read from the topic title, I'm not so sure which version to chose. I haven't seen many reviews about the v6 or not much from J12 at all, but from those few reviews I've read about the v6, it seems to be a better version. 

I'd definitely appreciate your input on this matter, both regarding the pros and cons on each version, but also each factory. I have actually bought some subs from noob and quality was definitely great, not sure about J12 though. Haven't had any experience with them.

v6: http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=1306

v5.1: http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=1383

Guest khashayar

Thanks for the link, that's the review I've read. 

Reading through the post, people seem to disagree which version is best. Biggest difference I can see are the size of the numbers on the inner bezel. v6 have really huge numbers in comparison with noob, not sure which is closer to gen.

Hi check in the link below. This help me to go for my Diver V?

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=229666

Guest khashayar

Go for V6 mate

You'll never see a 1:1 rep close to Gen.

True, but some flaws are more "important" than others. Flaws that can be seen from far are more significant than for example it being superlumed or not. 

I've gone for a v6 should arrive tomorrow. I thought it WAS noob. Bloody rep game is so confusing!

Haha. Which TD did you use? And how long did it take (presuming it arrives tomorrow.)

True, but some flaws are more "important" than others. Flaws that can be seen from far are more significant than for example it being superlumed or not. 

Haha. Which TD did you use? And how long did it take (presuming it arrives tomorrow.)

Posted from HK on Friday night. Just cleared uk customs (20:40 tonight) will arrive tomorrow along side a LMPO.

Nice work by ToroBravos ;)

Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Guest khashayar

Posted from HK on Friday night. Just cleared uk customs (20:40 tonight) will arrive tomorrow along side a LMPO.

Nice work by ToroBravos ;)

Fingers crossed for tomorrow

I envy you. That's some damn fast shipping. Gotta upload some pictures tomorrow!

I've mailed toro and also sent him a PM on repgeek, but he doesn't answer me. It's been a couple of days since sending him some questions. 

Nevertheless, I think I'll order from Ryan tomorrow. Still not sure which version, though. 

I envy you. That's some damn fast shipping. Gotta upload some pictures tomorrow!

I've mailed toro and also sent him a PM on repgeek, but he doesn't answer me. It's been a couple of days since sending him some questions. 

Nevertheless, I think I'll order from Ryan tomorrow. Still not sure which version, though.

My only slight criticism of toro is that if something isn't right in qc they always have an excuse (lighting, shadow, reflection, camera angle) so be firm and they always come back with a better pic or new watch. It's the Asian way of business I think but be aware and tell them what you want to see.

Good luck mate which ever you go for and of course I'll post pics. I've collected some really great reps in my short journey.

Dusk

One example of gen lume

se this link: http://www.watchcollectinglifestyle.com/home/insider-royal-oak-offshore-diver-ref-15703-a-real-divers-watch

"The luminova is not the most powerful, but with enough brightness and several hours of night life. If you are a crazy 'luminova lover' you will be disappointed. When it comes to brightness of the super-luminova at night we can only think of IWC, Blancpain and Omega."

and this:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=328563

attachment-2.jpg

Would go for a V6 if buying now. J12 is renowned as one of the best makers today. Both the V5.1 or V6 are good to go. The gen has smaller, more square or flatter numbers than the V5.1. I´m quite satisfied with the lume on mine, time is readable all night. Overall everything is good on it, it just looks and feels convincing. This "hard" rubber strap is superb, it´s the only one I use (except sometimes the PAM one, totally different). It´s a bit heavy - 180 gr.

V5.1 from Toro

APlumeL1050863.jpg

Ap_2413cr.jpg

• Like 1

Guest khashayar

Would go for a V6 if buying now. J12 is renowned as one of the best makers today. Both the V5.1 or V6 are good to go. The gen has smaller, more square or flatter numbers than the V5.1. I´m quite satisfied with the lume on mine, time is readable all night. Overall everything is good on it, it just looks and feels convincing. This "hard" rubber strap is superb, it´s the only one I use (except sometimes the PAM one, totally different). It´s a bit heavy - 180 gr.

V5.1 from Toro

APlumeL1050863.jpg

Ap_2413cr.jpg

Greats pics, thanks.

I'll probably just go for v6, I don't know. I honestly can't tell any major difference between the versions.

Ordering from Ryan now.

Guest khashayar

Beauty! Wear in good health.

As for my part; I decided to buy the v6 from psychospike (TD on RWI), but he only accepted WU. I tried, but the site kept giving me error notifications.
So I went to intime (Ryan) and ordered, but his site doesn't accept Visa atm due to some technical problems.
Now: torobravos. I paid with my Visa, but the payment didn't go through. He told me to call my bank and do some stuff. I did that and tried again, but haven't got any confirmation mail on my payment and no response from Toro. Maybe since the time was 6 PM or something in HK. 

Best day ever.

As for my part; I decided to buy the v6 from psychospike (TD on RWI), but he only accepted WU. I tried, but the site kept giving me error notifications.

So I went to intime (Ryan) and ordered, but his site doesn't accept Visa atm due to some technical problems.

Now: torobravos. I paid with my Visa, but the payment didn't go through. He told me to call my bank and do some stuff. I did that and tried again, but haven't got any confirmation mail on my payment and no response from Toro. Maybe since the time was 6 PM or something in HK.

Best day ever.

Oh hell, I've only had a couple of mints of the rep hobby and that sounds about right. It's 50% pain 50% pleasure it seems. I'm gonna try to stick to m2m sales from now on, buying from China is bad for my nerves

Don't give up though these watches are incredible I'm admiring it more than the rest,

Best day ever.

Toro and Ryan are nice guys. With both you can pay with PP (Toro no PP for 1st purchase).

I got an email from Toro today, he just back from holidays. And, as he receive many mails a day, imagine how many members are waiting his response....

So, email him again, for sure he'll back to you.

Guest khashayar

Update: 24 hours, 3 emails later and still no reply from toro. The payment hasn't even been registered by his site (didn't even get a confirmation mail, so I guess it never went through). It's bad as he is active on the forums and replying to certain topics. Whether he is a good guy or not is not the point here, but a lack of professionalism towards me and I, personally, can't accept that.

I'm going to use PP with Ryan and see how that goes.

It should also be mentioned that I started asking him questions thorough PM's on repgeek a week ago and he didn't answer me there either.

Edited by khashayar