When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen 127 Photo

guesswho

I have been thinking about getting the D40 for my son for Christmas. Did you get it with the kit lens (18 - 55mm)? Did you use this lens for the shot?

Usil

yeah i got the camera with a 1gb sandisk extreme 3 card for only £403 from jessops in the uk all together. I got a price match from some obscure website lol and then the guy behind the till screwed it up giving me a further £25 off, sweet!

Yeah i did use the 18-55 lens for this shot, its the only lens i have whilst i'm still very much an amatuer.

Thanks for the settings rolli, i'll give it a go this weekend (working long days means i see very little daylight in the week lol)

work on the lighting a bit so you can have a clear view of the dial details. also always use editing software to clean it up! picasa2 fromm google works great for quick editing and white balence fix.

here is the same pic with some editing.

before

167608-10720.jpg

after

167608-10721.jpg

if you need advice talk to pugwash.....his pics are amazing and he's always willing to help out to see better pics on the forum.