When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New winder and a problem

abat

My wife has just bought me a fantastic watch winder as an early birthday present. It is absolutely gorgeous but I have a problem. My wrists are quite small so the bracelets on my watches are too tight for the watch cushions. I have this issue with watch boxes too it doesn't matter if they are a little loose there. In the watch winder of course they need to be tight because they move about. I presume you can buy these cushions / pillows and from a quick look on amazon that does seem to be the case but how do I get the right size? As a temporary measure I can wind my Omegas that have diving extensions (in the pic) and I am planning a bubble-wrap and tape experiment. Anyone come across and solved this issue?

The winder is currently sat on top of an air-conditioner unit until I can buy a decent table / cabinet for it so apologies for the photo.

IMG_1079.jpgIMG_1078.jpg

I have a box with cushions and they were loose. I tried a few things but foam or bubble wrap that runs under each cushion and up the sides works great. You can't see the strip if you cut it right, two pads doesn't work too well so one strip that goes down one side, under the watch bracelet and up the other side, I would show a pic but the wife is in bed and I don't want a black eye

REAL nice box by the way!!

Is there two pieces to the pad/pillow? If there is an outer "ring" on the pad/pillow I have cut material out and glued it back on the inner pad. This worked fine and was what the manufacturer suggested. Nice winder btw.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Yes like that. My wrist 7.25 so watches too big for inner only but too small for both so cut out a couple inches on the outer ring and glue it on. Works good

Is there two pieces to the pad/pillow? If there is an outer "ring" on the pad/pillow I have cut material out and glued it back on the inner pad. This worked fine and was what the manufacturer suggested. Nice winder btw.

Excellent idea, will try cutting the inner one so it will allow the strap to close.

Just opened the back of one with a craft knife and removed some foam, this now works with Rolex bracelets. Bretling and Tag are a bit wider and it being stopped by the plastic so I've ordered some foam and faux leather on eBay and I'll try and make my own!