When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Been given a project for first attempt repair.

Hi Guys

A friend of mine overheard me talking about reps and so on, and after chatting I told him I had a toolkit inbound with some other bits. so he donated a Patek Phillipe rep to me to have a mess around with, basically to try and fix but if not then use it to mess about on. I have no idea of the movement other than it looks like a cheap manual wind one. 

issues with the watch are a couple of dial markers have fallen off at 2 and 7 and as a result one has lodged under the seconds subdial positioned at 6, so I am presuming this is whats halting the movement, anyway will be fun to have a mess about with it and I have attached some pics to see if anyone knows what this cheap movement is. also guys does anyone know of a decent cheapish movment to practice on or would you recommend just getting hold of a second hand one from ebay or something.

Thanks regards

PP

PP_zps0e7cecfa.jpg

2 missing marker (floating inside on dial now)

at2_zps2a6aeb19.jpg

7 missing marker

at7_zpsf886c96f.jpg

marker lodged in subdial

subdial_zps56b305e6.jpg

movement pics - cant see any numbers or marking on it

movement3_zpsa2e9ef80.jpg

movement1_zps65d9bcab.jpg

movement2_zps490607f1.jpg

cheers fellas

D.

Model glue should work fine. Use a toothpick or a hat pin to apply just the smallest amount and watch out for the glue "strings" as you apply it.

Easiest movement to learn on is the larger hand winds like the 6947/8. Second easiest and most practical to learn is the 2836-2. The A21j are pretty hard to get back together and mostly not worth fixing because they are so cheap. I'd try to find an old eta clone that someone might not need and sell cheap.

well

removed my first crown and stem on this cheap movement, got the thing out of the case and gathered up the loose markers, crown and stem back in and hey presto it started to beat ha ha. glued back on the markers and gave it a little clean and passed it back to its owner and hes a happy chappy.

what I discovered though is the the single loupe in my kit i struggle with, is there a glasses type that you can wear or do you guys use a desk stand type magnifier or something?

cheers

D.