When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1655 mcqueen

freddy882

hi.. i want an info:

i read and read and read, but i want know..

the watch 1:1 of josh perfect clone is one good rep out of box... i talk of the version with the 2813..the price is not expensive.. with one clark glass, hands and one little work of pbdad all is complete.

the version of marvellous replica at 128 dollars is different of josh version????

what are the biggest difference...

many thanks..

Probably the movement ;) unfortunately the vintage pieces aren't that accurate compared to recent super reps. Nevertheless, they often take gen parts which allows you to gather better/gen parts steadily and improve the watch until it reaches satisfaction. Check yukiwatch and ingod44..both supply cases and especially ingod has some nice vintage dials. Good luck

Ps. Go for the josh version with the better movement but don't pay topup for "swiss" since you will either get same asian clone, hybrid "swinese" or an old and wornout swiss movement which isn't better than a new clone by any means ;)

thanks!!

no no.. i read and people recommend the 2813 because is more reliable than 2836..this is ok.. :)

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/mrwatch/albums/9642160/

this is a link of marvellous.

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=6588

this is the link of andrew, should be the same of josh...

?????

If I remember right, the gen GMT hand is easier to get to fit on the ETA or the clone then on the Asian movement. Also, the Asian movement winds in only one direction, while the ETA winds in both. (This is as far as I remember - correct me if in wrong!)

thanks!!

no no.. i read and people recommend the 2813 because is more reliable than 2836..this is ok.. :)

Not sure where you read that the DG 2813 is more reliable than an Asian made 2836 clone.  The 2813 is a $24 movement from Ofrei and is difficult to work on.  The Asian-made 2836 is $100 movement that accepts, for the most part, gen parts and is very easy to work on and is very reliable. The Asian made clones have gotten better and better where the DG movement doesn't seem as good as when I first used one.  I do have one DG 3804B GMT movement that has been very good.

The good point to the 2813 is that one can use it until it dies and then drop in another for a few $$s.

• 1 month later...

None of the reps I have bought had 2813,s in them with the DG logo stamped on the main plate including my 1655 from Josh.

The only movements/watches I have with the DG logo were from Cousins UK & a Big Dazza big crown.

Sent from my toilet using Andrex.

A real, genuine DG2813 is a much better movement than the cheap, knock off 2813 movements that come in these low priced reps.  Even swapping out the cheap 2813 for a real DG2813 once it fails is a good upgrade.

I think the OP meant to say the DG GMT movement (I don't remember the number right now).  That is a true GMT movement, not a modified 2836-2, and it is indeed a real work horse and reliable movement.  I have not read about many complaints for this movement, but over the years I have indeed read about many, many issues concerning 2836-2 movements converted to GMT.  My own GMTIIc with the modified 2836-2 has had several repairs on it.

Edited by Mendota Explorer