When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

omega seamaster 300m ceramic movement query?

Pp4811

Hi all

Been looking at these and thinking of getting one.

I know the watches from most td's are sourced from the same place, but one td on here states reclaimed eta, while another claims in an email brand new movement.

Would you believe the one who lists as reclaimed or the one who lists nothing but when asked claims new?

Please help I'm so confused. (New to this game although been lurking for months!!)

ANY new rep with a gen ETA you buy these days has a used movement. Most are in terrible condition and in dying need of service. Believe me, I have seen many many reps on my bench. New fresh ETA movements are totally non-existent in our reps. Asian clones are brand new! But they are Asian ...

Some watches have the option to get a clone. Usually referred to as A (Asian)2836 or A2824. This depends on the factory. The dealer website will show you the options. The SMPC300 does not have this option and only comes with an 100% used ETA. On mine I had to replace the entire barrel and mainspring because it was completely worn down... It is a role of the dice.

Hi Pp, for what I see the same watch claimed with Swiss ETA is sold from ToroBravos, from Anrew (ttw888) at same price. They both are from BP factory, and they most probably both have the "refurbished" ETA inside. I'd stay away from these refurbished ones.

BUT I see that Angus (http://puretime-asia.com/) has it with Asian ETA (anyway it's a 2005 model, not the latest 2013 one). If you like that version I'd personally go for it:  http://puretime-asia.com/product/seamaster-300m-chronometer-on-bracelet-a2824/

Here the differences (gen pictures) between 2005 one on the left, and the 2011 one on the right (note that they have the same diameter: 41mm):

27815-1075772375.jpg  21230412003001-20.png

Ciao, GenTLe

Edited by GenTLe

I've been wanting to get the 300 ceramic for awhile now, the bracelet is a work of art.

But what's been stopping me is the $340 price for a dirty ETA movement.

Hi there. I got two 300M Ceramic  in last month from same seller and they had asian movement and both with 3-4s gain. Interesting, the first had aluminium beezel painted in blue, and the second is a real shiny blue ceramic.

The beezel is misaligned a little bit on both near the 12 o' clock, but is fine from 20cm distance. The bracelei it's fine about a half hour sanding (with 1200 Scotch sandpaper) on the edges and after tightening all screws, but not as good as Noob CrPo bracelet, which is good out of box. The first one had some little scratches on the AR, the second had some little painting "drops" on the dial, but they are only noticed with magnifiying glass.

You never look at reps with magnifiying glass!! :)

And in final, the second one has misaligned hour markers :) Overall, from two reps you can make a good one, OR if you had lucky, the first will be perfect. (I haven't too much lucky, i was born in 13 :)

If you not use the magnifiying glass, this is a  super rep, i wear one a daily beating, i don't regret this purchase.

Cheers.

Edited by zsolie

zsollie, which dealer did you buy these from?

I thought the 300 ceramic was only available with ETA movement.

I bougt from InTime. Both have non marked 2824-2 asian nickel plate movements without any omega marks on it. Anyway, the other claimed ETA SMP's had only sticker on the movements, wich fall down after a while, so this is not a disadvantage for me. The case had all omega marks, even on the caseback inside, but the material used (or the finishing at all) not as good as Noob produce. (the caseback had to be tight only with a sticky ball, othervise you will damage the threads on it). After a silicon grease the watch is waterproof, but need to check it at a local watchmaker!

Need to check the springbars too! I find the springbars ends (also near the divers clasp) need to be push inside on their place with a little screwdriver and double check.

The pearl is too high, after a minute heating you will able to push it inside with a soft plastic material to fit the beezel height.

After this mods and with a little lucky it's a perfect rep :) I like It!

zsolie, thanks for your reply.

I did look at InTime's site and his version does come with the asian 2824-2 movement, I had no idea this other version existed.

How is the bezel - does it look like painted aluminum, or is it authentic high gloss ceramic?

From InTime photos the bezel looks painted.

Hi rek001. Please read the post #10, sentence three:)  There is the description about the watch and beezel. They exist in two versions and I own both.

If you ask for a high gloss and shiny beezel, and you're lucky it will be real ceramic. The matt finish beezel it will be painted aluminium. (i taking apart one and it's kind of anodized AL)

I also own a spare blue ceramic 300M blue beezel, so they exist :) It can't be scratched with a knife :)

Edited by zsolie

• 2 weeks later...