When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this DSSD gen?

folex

One of the biggest tells on the DSSD is the HEV on the side, the gen has a nice thick outer ring on the valve the reps look thinner.

There was a recent brilliant post that compared gen and rep DSSD's, have a search for it and try and get some other pictures.

This is an older DSSD replica from 4 or 5 years ago. I own this model. It was sponsored and offered by the now-gone trusted dealer EuroTimez. If you want one, you can still get them from some dealers like Trevor.

Here is EuroTimez's own QC Approval photobucket showing the model in close-up detail, as proof. It still exists, surprisingly.

http://s303.photobucket.com/user/eurotimez/library/2009-dssdv5-review?sort=6&page=1

One of the biggest tells on the DSSD is the HEV on the side, the gen has a nice thick outer ring on the valve the reps look thinner.

There was a recent brilliant post that compared gen and rep DSSD's, have a search for it and try and get some other pictures.

Thanks bro.

ive already told u its gen twice but my posts have dissapeard

Thanks for your input

This is an older DSSD replica from 4 or 5 years ago. I own this model. It was sponsored and offered by the now-gone trusted dealer EuroTimez. If you want one, you can still get them from some dealers like Trevor.

Here is EuroTimez's own QC Approval photobucket showing the model in close-up detail, as proof. It still exists, surprisingly.

http://s303.photobucket.com/user/eurotimez/library/2009-dssdv5-review?sort=6&page=1

You're saying this is a rep? 

Deathy afraid of frankens.

I've seen some of the work that our talented members produce. Some of watches they create are simply amazing. I'd love to see a competition where Nanuq or one of our other talented members gets a TC v6 sub, and a $1,500 modding budget, and a Rolex expert gets the finished product and a gen sub for comparison and serves as judge.

The rules would be that the judge wins $5,000 if he identifies the gen, pays $5,000 if he guesses wrong, and gets $500 if he admits he's not sure (no opening casebacks of course). I'm guessing that the outcome would be that the judge walks away with $500 and new perspective on frankenreps! 

If I had $6,500 that I didn't need, I'd sponser that contest. Ultimately, that's the game anyone is playing when they buy a used Rolex in a private party sale. Since I don't have the coin to risk it, I won't buy a used gen watch unless it's from a jeweler, or from a 3rd party that's agreed to have it "inspected" by a jeweler/watchmaker locally.

That said, I'm not a rolex expert. There are plenty of guys on here who know enough about Rolex's to take the risk, but I'm sure not one of them.

Looks gen to me and I have the pbdad bk dssd. But with a budget of 1.5k...add a crown, bezel and insert. No one would know the difference, unless they look under a loop. Buy from an AD if you go gen or you will always second guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk