When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer 1 Rep .......help!

thesheriff

Hi,

I'm new to this so any help would be very much appreciated.

I'm looking to get a Rolex Explorer 1, 39mm rep but don't really know where to start. I've seen a few on puretime which look OK. Has anyone got any advice, or have bought one of these?  

Many thanks

Try doing a google search of this board for 114270 (That is the model number you want, right? Or do you want the slightly earlier 14270? Did they make that model in 39mm?)

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Puretime do the 214270 with a clone A3135 movement which looks really nice. Its my first rep so I was really just looking for some reassurance that this is defo an OK seller and rep.

clone A3135 movement 

Problematic movement. Stick to asian clones to ETA 2824 or 2836 (or 7750 in case of chrono or with little second @9 like most of the Panerai). ASK FOR AVAILABILITY BEFORE TO PURCHASE AND SEND MONEY!!!!!

This watch doesn't have any complications, so one of the ETA's or clones would be the best bet for this watch. JMB has built a ton of the Explorers, so he would be a good source of info if you are wanting to build one. Also there are a lot of Explorer threads here as well.

This is a simple watch, so you don't need a complicated problem prone movement for this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1