When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings from Rome,Italy..and a short review on AP from Trusty Time

amecus

Hi ! after a gift from my father of a gen AP 4100 18kt gold i decided to get a rep from trusty time just to dress it because the 18kt in Rome it would be a bit dangerous and not really reccomended ( Rome it is pretty safe but the valuable watches can be a good reason for an aggression ).

i can say only good things of these guys : Quality check pics are sent to the buyer before to ship. First piece showed had one index not perfectly alligned to the dial grid so i refused it and i asked for a second one ( both grey dial Ap royal oak classic automatic 38mm ). The second one was pretty fine so i gave my ok.

Within an incredible shipping time of 9 days it was delivered to my home door... :D:D:D

The watch is a mid-low range quality replica so i was not expecting too much :D

The dial of the watch is the best part, quite well executed and with a nice final result ( all indexed are properly positioned ). The date window show up a date disk that looks to work great with date change after midnight. The bracelet it is the poorer part of the baby. Not so bad but with couple of corners where the polished surface "leaks" over the brushed one.The closure part it look fine but i don't know the durability.

the crown rouding the sapphire is well executed and looking the watch from both sides everythig looks properly alligned.

I can say that is a 7/10 quality rep. The service made from these guys is simply Amazing...

i was pretty annoying, overflowing them with tons of email and Andrew never and i say never replied rudly. They have a great customer service, i cannot blame that for nothing. I think the version with longer indexes and bigger dial ( AP jumbo ) it may be better executed but anyway it cannot be asked too much, to a 278 us dollars rep..

i can't attach any file because i did not made any pic yet :)

but i promise i will do :)

last think ...the lume of the watch is great...after the Whole experience and greatly satisfied from trusty and his product :)

Regards to all and greetings from a sunny Rome!

Gianluca

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the gen; that's a truly spectacular watch. Sounds like you got a decent rep as well (especially given the $18,000 vs $278 price difference).

Let me be the first to lend my voice to inevitable chorus pleading:

"Rep vs Gen Pictorial Review!!!"

ehehe---thanks!!! the genuine is stored in bank from the second day my father gave me…unfortunately i do not think it will be dressed so often ( probably i will sell it to buy other watches "more dressable"

i will make some photos of the rep and i will attach , i promise !! ;)

The watch is a mid-low range quality replica so i was not expecting too much :D

The dial of the watch is the best part, quite well executed and with a nice final result ( all indexed are properly positioned ). The date window show up a date disk that looks to work great with date change after midnight. The bracelet it is the poorer part of the baby. Not so bad but with couple of corners where the polished surface "leaks" over the brushed one.The closure part it look fine but i don't know the durability.

Ciao Gianluca :) Saluti da un malato di orologi di Varese :D

Back to english to be polite with other readers: the shiny part on the brushed one can be fixed (if the part is steel and not covered with gold layer) easily: did it yesterday eve on a brand new Omega PO LM that had some little scratch on the closure clips. Just go into some ironmongery shop and buy a foil of water-use sand paper grane 1500 (not less than 1500), take a bit of it, make it soak with water and pass it (taking care of the brushing mark directions) over the wrong shiny parts. They'll become nicely brushed as the rest.

Eventually do some test on the back of the bracelet just to be confident.

If the brushed parts are more rough then go for a bigger grain of sand paper (I'd not go below 1000 in any case)

Ciao, GenTLe

Edited by GenTLe

Gran, please take care: not all of us would take this as "funny"...

Cheers, GenTLe (from Varese - Italia)

:) i piace moltissimo l' Italia

:) i piace moltissimo l' Italia

:)

Unfortunately I still haven't come to Norway, I've rode my motorcycle up to Stockholm (by Malmo, Hoor etc) but not yet in the fjord land :(

Dove l’oro parla, ogni lingua tace ;)

Italians prefer "La lingua batte, dove il clito ride"  :partytime:  :inverted:

:)

Unfortunately I still haven't come to Norway, I've rode my motorcycle up to Stockholm (by Malmo, Hoor etc) but not yet in the fjord land :(

Italians prefer "La lingua batte, dove il clito ride"  :partytime:  :inverted:

Chi lascia la strada vecchia per la nuova arriva prima perchè è asfaltata   :inverted:

grazie Gentle ! una ventata di Italia in un forum inaspettato di repliche ehehehe : ) Inaspettato direi!

Thanks for the suggestion :) due to the poor value of the watch i think i will overpass this polish work with fine grain heheheh ! But your suggestion is a very helpful one :) !!

Honestly for approx E- 230,00 and keeping' in mind the ten one , steel version, it cost almost 9000,00 i'm not disappointed at all :) !

• 3 weeks later...

I have to sadly report that the watch loose almost 2 minutes per hrs...so almost 50 m per day..

Very disappointed....very poor performance for an asian eta too....

What to do now? I have already spent e. 8,00 to set the bracelet that was a mess..

I'm starting to think it better to buy one seiko i mean an original watch at e. 200,00 to have in the hand something with a decent reliability and durability as well.... :-(:-(:-(

You should consider servicing it. It is more or less a must with these watches. It should cost not more than 110€.

Other option can be, if it is, as you wrote, an Eta clone, to buy a brand new Gen Eta and do the swap.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_italy_215 using Tapatalk

Edited by GenTLe

Sorry Gian, but this is part of the game. Sometimes it happens.

Btw you should always consider the service cost as part of hidden budget in the rep world.

Do have an idea of the reason look here: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/143915-faq-to-service-or-not-to-service-my-thoughts/

Ah, and if you throw it away, tell me where ;)

Edited by GenTLe

gentle ciao :) scrivo in italiano solo per chiederti se potrebbe essere la frizione dura? magari basta una allentatina..

cento euro mi sembrano buttati per sto cinesone ( peraltro al polso è bello forte...se non perdesse 10 minuti al giorno sarebbe una bellezza davvero )..

conosci qualcuno a Roma a cui portarlo che magari me lo regola per pochi euro.. ?

Se perde 10 minuti al giorno quel movimento va smontato, pulito, oliato e rimontato, dopo di ché diventa come nuovo (ovvero non come quando l'hai ricevuto, ma come un originale nuovo). Prova a sentire Daniele a wilerwetta AT gmail.com

I cinesoni da buttare sono quelli con vetro minerale, movimento "del cazzo" 21j copia dei Miyota (o peggio quarzo), cinturino di tolla... Non un pezzo in acciaio 316, con meccanica clone ETA, vetro zaffiro e trattamento AR come il tuo...