When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Catastrophe...BK GMT smashed, who can help!

sm1rf

So I'm riding my pedal bike down the road and all of a sudden my BK GMT just falls off, it seems one of the strap pins has come lose.

Typical it's the only part of this short 5mile ride where I have a bit of speed and there's a bloody wagon behind me. Sure enough the wagon goes straight over the watch.

All is not lost, I manage to find the watch and about 40% of the strap! the rest must be stuck in the wagons tyres or something! no sign of it. So there's a little chip on the ceramic, cyclops is cracked and obviously the strap is a write off. So I look to see if the movement is still working. It's not moving although the crown will still set the time and date. Give it a wind (although it had been on for days so should've been good for a while anyway) it has since moved 30seconds in 2 days so I'm thinking some kind of internal damage to the movement.

I'm based in the uk, anyone able to recommend someone to have a look at this and if it's repairable, superlume whilst they have it?

Cheers Smirf

a6y9aqer.jpg