When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picked up the 448...

projectologist

Picked this one up this evening... love having a Rad on my wrist again  :)

Fit and finish is very good. The dial lume is accurate and although it's hard to show in a pic, they nailed the dark gray dial finish (not black like the 249 Cali dial). Plexi has the correct shape and distortion.

Hands are accurate with clean edges, blue in some light, black in others just like OEM and with the proper sheen. All engravings are clean
and the proper depth.
Case shape is 98% accurate... now they need to do a proper 249!

448c.jpg

448d.jpg

448a.jpg

448b.jpg
  • Like 2

Coincidentally, I was looking at this 5min ago.

Beautiful watch I must say, and a lot of wrist presence indeed!

Just one comment, is it me or is the top circle in the "8" a tad too small? 

Please share the dealer link :)

I picked up the watch yesterday from a local member, but almost all of the dealers carry this watch and the 449.

A little grainy, but I think this phone pic gives you a good idea just how nice and accurate the dial and hands are smile1.gif

Although it doesn't look like it, lume application is perfect, just got a little wonky looking when I tried sharpening the pic with an in-phone edit.

448dial01.jpg

Edited by projectologist

I've been coming to this thread everyday and looking at the 448. I think I'll get one. Just a last silly question: does it take a lot of winds to fully wind the watch? I understand it's the new movement with the absurdly long PR. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

While waiting for mine to arrive, I keep coming to this thread which member projectologist started, to admire the pictures he posted.

Its like walking by the car showroom to view the car again and again after while waiting for the one you ordered to be ready.

Reviews like this are not useful at all. They only make you want a watch you know you don't need, to buy a watch which was previously shrouded in obscurity, and become poorer in the end. Where is the gain in that? :D :D