When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hey guys here w go with first topic this might make you laugh

Bomber22

Hey guys so

I been Reading a little wont claim i read the hole bible its will take years before i be at your standards i seen topics of alot of the new members who ask what They can search for themself will try not to do the same thing here hehe..... What is the best Sub etc... Hehe

But im going to ask this just fire me down if its a stupid question i do my own work on my old gens for years servicing repairs and such

Seen the bk factory the noob j12 or is it j14 ?? And TC and it seems like TC is a go to guy to get a good older Sub and bk with the Sub C

Well lets get to the question

is it possible to source the same parts like tc and build it yourself from scratch or is parts only available when members sell the left overs from their watches

Now you May laugh but Always thought about trying to make my own replica from scratch and with this i mean to start with a Block of steel and begin your own case construction and crowns caseback and make your own dial and so on

Why you say Well for a laugh and in my day of Reading here and looking it seems the rep factories can i make the hard parts but They leave out so small errors which is easy to fix and i wonder why

Best regards bomber ;)

Edited by Bomber22

Well lets get to the question

is it possible to source the same parts like tc and build it yourself from scratch or is parts only available when members sell the left overs from their watches

Sure, you can hop a flight to China and go to work finding a supplier, just like TC did. You can get custom cases (or entire watches) built.

But you're not going to be able to order just one. You'll have to order hundreds at a minimum to get any kind of a custom order done.

Or if all you are looking to do is assemble things yourself, you can just buy parts from TC and go to work.

Sure, you can hop a flight to China and go to work finding a supplier, just like TC did. You can get custom cases (or entire watches) built.

But you're not going to be able to order just one. You'll have to order hundreds at a minimum to get any kind of a custom order done.

Or if all you are looking to do is assemble things yourself, you can just buy parts from TC and go to work.

Thanks for your reply mate but aint it possible to make a watch case on your own with a cnc machine ??

Sure, if you have the time and the skill.

A few of our members have amazing skills and can do many things on their own. JMB for example did a custom bezel for my 1016 Explorer, Whoopy did a big Rolex dial project, Athaya has produced some great vintage parts, Stilty did movement rings. TC decided to build the best Sub. The list goes on.

Some people are able to build their own parts, and some figured out how to navigate through vendors to get the job done.

If you are set on building your own case, I'd find highoeyazmuhudee's thread about all he went through to produce his 5514 case.