When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Questions about a new Rolex Explorer I

louie_figo

Hi all,

Apologies if this question might have been asked before but I can't seem to find it via searching. I am still very new to the rep scene so please excuse my noobness.

I recently received a Rolex Explorer I 114270 Asian 2824 from PT and I was wondering how many times do I have to wind the watch to get it started? Some say 20, some say 40-50 times. 

What I have discovered in my first day of use is regardless of how many winds, my watch doesn't seem to be ticking for very long. 20 winds, 50 winds, I noticed after 5-10 mins my watch will stop. 

Is there something wrong with my movement? Have I wind my watch up enough?

Any advice welcome! Thanks!

Haha sigh..mine so far doesn't seem to last more than 10 mins after a decent amount of winds. (At the moment, I have tried from 15 winds to 40) it seem the result varies only a little on how long it lasts. So far it's been a consistent with 5-10 mins for around 15-20 winds. 

So that's a faulty movement I guess?

If you tap it on the tabletop does it start and run for a bit?  If so it could be a piece of dirt, hair, fiber, etc.  I have had new asian clones with a badly formed tooth on one of the wheels that would cause it to stop every time that spot was hit...