When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The greatest rolex story you'll Ever Hear haha

Ezio

Posting this because its funny as hell Saw it on a watch blog today

The Greatest Rolex Story You'll Ever Hear

Dr. Jim Norman, driver in the Napleton Racing #16 Porsche Cayman team that just won class GX of the 2013 Rolex 24, has the funniest Rolex story you'll ever hear! In his own words --

FUNNY STORY! ... Today I take my new Rolex to the jeweler right down the street from my house in Tampa to get a link taken out so it fits me better (for those of you who don't know, the winning drivers of the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona are presented with a new Rolex timepiece in Victory Lane).

The jeweler re-sizes it for me and charges me $8. I say "Wow, 8 bucks, that's not very much". The manager lady says, "well, if it were a REAL Rolex we would charge you more!". I chuckle and say "it IS a real Rolex". She says, "Nope it is not...We know Rolex watches and this is definitely a fake." My retort, "well, I guess you don't know these as well as you think!". Hearing this, the Jeweler comes out from behind his little glass window from where he is working on a frail, blue-haired lady's broach while wearing some very dorky-looking magnifying glasses and says, "I'll bet you bought that watch in New York". He puts both hands in his back pockets and sticks out his skinny "bird" chest in an attempt to be strong and assertive. "Nope" I say, "I haven't been to NYC in some time". He quickly replies, "I'll bet you $1000 you didn't buy that from a real Rolex dealer". I say, I won't take that bet, because you are right, I didn't buy this from a Rolex dealer". "AH HA!" he exclaims, "it IS a fake!! Where did you get it??" "I got it in Daytona this past Sunday". "HA! I am right!" he shouts, almost loud enough to break some of the crystal elephants assembled as a group on one of the overhead glass shelves. "I know all the Rolex dealers in Daytona, and none of them is open on Sundays!" He is quite pleased with himself and turns to strut back to his window-enclosed, nick-knack cluttered cubby. "Maybe I didn't get it from a dealer" I state smugly. He turns and says, "well then tell me, who DID you get this FAKE Rolex from?" "Well, I stated calmly and coolly, I was presented this beautiful timepiece from the President and CEO of Rolex Watches while standing on the podium at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona". "OH, Sure!" he says, "and I'm Santa Claus!!".

And back into his cubby he went, oblivious to the REAL world around him. He doesn't get it... The world is passing him by and he isn't even aware that it is happening. You gotta love life and embrace life... even if it means you have to wear a fake Rolex.

Edited by Ezio
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...