When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Pam build?

trekracer20

Hi guys,

I really love some of the vintage Pams on the forum, especially the radiomir versions. Aside from images of the beautiful builds by Henio and Marlin though, I'm having trouble finding any info about good watches to start with how-to's, etc. I assume that the going rate for a finished piece is at least $600+ depending on the movement, etc. So if I was considering doing my own vintage-inspired watch, is there a complete one you would start with from a TD? I'm not necessarily interested in 100% historical accuracy, but I would like it to have a good movement that will last. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Start with a 3646 model from River. With that, you can later update dial hands crystal movement and try reshaping/aging etc. Silix is a cheaper option - and there are many more expensive ones... :)

Would also recommend you creating an account on homageforum, there is very much knowledge gathered there about vintage Panerai.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I noticed that River hasn't updated anything in...some time. Does he have a site, or another way of knowing his current inventory/pricing?

Best if you write him an e-mail. He carries good stock and is usually fast replying, have had many good deals with River.