When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Is This Royal Oak?

bokkiebeh

Picked this one up from Jos. I did a very slight mod by swapping the bracelet with one from a different Royal Oak with wider links to better match the case.

167016-10828.jpg

167016-10829.jpg

For what it's worth, this one has the thin 36mm x 8.5mm case, white metal bezel screws, and the best dial version I've ever seen on a standard 14790 rep.

i did up mine almost two years ago and did a whole thread on it , got take a look and u will learn , here is pics of it and i just looked and my braclet is lined up nicely , it came from joshua i believe back then or it could have been king , hope this helps , i also made the back prettier as well , lol

imho it is still the best one u can get in this model and it is a tank, i also upgraded new thicker crystals in mine and to me it makes it heavier and mainly just looks better, i dont think it had sapphire in it even though it was said to because mine was chipping around the edges pretty bad on the back glass

167096-10820.jpg

167096-10821.jpg

167096-10822.jpg

yeah, it's a real shame, what's holding me back from acquiring one of the current AP ROs is the horrible fit of the bracelet to the end links. I don't have a spare bracelet to substitute either.

Why do they do that?

Case, when I measured mine, is 36mm across the 9:00/3:00 axis, without crown. That being the situation, the bracelet from the new, upcoming 42mm Royal Oak Offshore will not fit :( Too wide, and too thick; the ROO bracelet is probably going to be thicker than the Classic 14790's case alone. Not to mention, the endlink tabs will be far too big anyways...