When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jaeger Lecoultre

Marv1n

Guys,

Like the IWCs before them, the JLC reps don't seem to get much press on the boards. I'm currently looking for a nice JLC to add to the stable, but know very little about these reps. Has anyone done a review of the JLC reps, or does anyone have some first hand wisdom to pass on?

Thanks!

I have had a few.... best model I own is Narikaa's memovox alarm,...solid, sturdy, reliable,

and my favorite daily piece out of any watch I have owned,.. and there have been many....

Another I have owned King's Reserve De Marche Power reserve,.... excellent quality, a classic...

I have also had a few Reversos.... Andrew has the best of those.... ^_^

Overall Jlc reps are some of the best out there....

Look on their web sites. I have the Power Reserve de Marche. Very close to the gen other than a mispainted tip on the second hand on one version. Added bonus of Seiki/Myota excellent movement. The back is clear on the rep when it should be solid but on the wrist it looks fantastic. And it should be in the $100-120 range. :)

Here's one I've got last year:

I love the new models and hope we find some new JLC's for sale one of these days.

Memovox

Ditto ! ^_^

I hope they release a Memovox with Alarm & Date soon... otherwise I may have to buy gen..

I have owned both the Alarm no/date and Date no/alarm models,...

I found the Alarm model much heavier,..the metal was much more solid,..

believe me I know, I had to refinish the spaces between

the lugs,..as I found that when I removed the rubber strap that it came with,.. those areas

were not finished,. as if they never expected someone to replace the straps... :huh:

It took quite a lot of heavy grinding, and polishing to get it to match the rest of the case..

The Crowns and guards are also of a much higher material,...

It sits now on a dark 24mm lavender gator pam strap, that rocks it out to perfection...

thanks to the wider lugs that the alarm model also is blessed with..

Size wise, the Alarm model is about 2mm larger than the other,....

It may not look as accurate,..missing the date,. but the substantial weight, and size,

plus the functioning alarm, more than make up for it,...

Oh yes, it also has all night lume, and the highest QC on any rep dial that I have ever owned...

I have not been able to take it off for four months now.... :o

This older Kompressor is auto - no alarm - but uses the alarm quadrant as a second time-zone. For me, that is a more useful function than an alarm:

167785-10594.jpg

There are several versions of the VC Dual-time regulateur... all have inaccuracies, but all are pretty good. The rose gold is my favourite. You have to be impressed by the concentric calender and seconds subdial! The GMT subdial functions correctly on all but the earliest versions:

167785-10595.jpg

Early version with non=adjustable gMT subdial:

167785-10596.jpg

Later version - GMT is adjustable:

167785-10597.jpg

Joshua's version has an "officer caseback"

167785-10598.jpg

I just got the same version of the Memovox pictured above in the posts from Robertk and Highflyingclive. I really like it. My primary gripe is the mineral glass crystal - one wrong move and it's history.

The flaws in it are fairly obvious. The crescent-shaped window in the dial for the time zone should be larger, beginning closer to the 7 mark than the 8 mark. The red alarm arrow on the dial at the 12 mark is also in the wrong place. Only the prototype Memovox had it in that position. It should be at the 10 mark. I think that's it for obvious flaws.

There is another version out there with a larger, more acurrate, crescent window, but it misses the red arrow on the seconds hand, which bothers me even more.

Edited by jj69

I have a Reverso (from Andrew) that gets no or little wrist time because of an annoying flaw: one of the pins of the sliding case is too short (or its spring is not working properly), so that the case gets not completely firm and, if I shake my wrist hard or fast (no jokes pls), the case 'opens'.

I bought this one in Saigon (Vietnam) 5 or 6 years ago. I didn't know anything about reps back than and nothing about JLC and a lot of other high end brands.

Recently i bought a genuine JLC alligator strap and buckle for this baby. It is my most precious watch as it started this whole hobby :)

169389-10188.jpg