When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega GMT seamaster

millerTIME7

Hello,

Just joined up and can't find anything on the ole classic GMT, preferably black seamaster..sorry to blurt out right out of the gate, but I feel like I should have a rep to really be able to participate properly. Watcheden/idolwatch doesn't carry it and all others are on the blink.  Also can't get any response from trusty's. Anybody care to lend a hand?post-66745-0-64077500-1410472177_thumb.j

I bought one of these a few years back. Looked pretty good, but had a few flaws:

-misaligned bezel (easy fix)

-some issues where the bezel goes from black to white 3/9)

-white date wheel

-movement stopped after a few months. Been in a drawer since then...

Too bad. It's a beautiful watch!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't know the cost to get it running. I guess it would not be worth it.

The bezel misalignement is fixed by snaøøing the bezel off, gently removing the bezel "insert", aligning it correctly and then gluing it back on, and snspping the bezel back in place.

Hi, that review is 8 Years old, model is somewhat outdated and there have been new and improved releases including gmt´s, although not of that exact model, which seem a more sensible choice. Newest release is a vintage - looking non-GMT Seamaster 300m Co-axial.

Repairs: on a 21j - GMT for cheap with a new movement from Cousins.UK or O. Frey Conus, around $40 if You don´t care for the date-font and do it Yourself. Otherwise with labour included, not worth the trouble.

Thanks space, I think my bezel is just loose when I press down on it..the insert seems to be aligned. I'm gonna just not worry & wear on. You guys know of any other 40 to 42mm brands with simple, new & improved reps with good reliability?

Thanks space, I think my bezel is just loose when I press down on it..the insert seems to be aligned. I'm gonna just not worry & wear on. You guys know of any other 40 to 42mm brands with simple, new & improved reps with good reliability?

Most superlumed releases with the asian ETA fall into this category. Take a look at the Breitling Superocean Abyss 42mm and the Tudor Blackbay.

TSB_9985_1024_zpsaeb252d7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...