When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM090 Question

Maverick

Hi Zig,

I have a PAM090 power reserve from Andrew. I want to remove the movement and re-seat the power reserve hand so it does not go past 40 and repalce the terrible cyclops with one of the new one's when they become available. I read your tutorial on uncasing PAM001. When I look at this watch I do noy see a stem release screw. Have you worked on these watches? can you give me some direction.

I bought a set of tools and I am excited to start doing some of my own work. Or more likely mess it up so bad I have to send it to you ;)

There do not appear to be any case clamps. just a plastic ring to keep everything from shaking around in the case.

Really want to try and do this myself, but if it gets to hairy, I'll have no problem sending it in.

Assuming I get the movement out should I clean it in one of these one-dip cleaners, oil it, both, neither ???

Anticipaiting you words of wisdom.

Maverick

It should not be hard to do yourself. I have not seen the inside of the 090, but if you could take a pic, I'm sure one if us could tell you where the release is for the crown.

Servicing it on the other hand, is another matter. The one-dip cleaners do not do the job.

Here are a couple pics. With and without the plastic spacer removed

post-138-1143608790_thumb.jpg

post-138-1143608820_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys

there isn't a screw for the stem but a puch button release

14348-3622.jpg

I always bugger up the keyless works by removing the stem with it in the wrong position to start out with :) I believe you should start with the stem in the normal running position but it would be good to hear from The Zigmeister about that. Or maybe tom knows :)

Edited by OldeCrow

Hi Zig,

I have a PAM090 power reserve from Andrew. I want to remove the movement and re-seat the power reserve hand so it does not go past 40 and repalce the terrible cyclops with one of the new one's when they become available. I read your tutorial on uncasing PAM001. When I look at this watch I do noy see a stem release screw. Have you worked on these watches? can you give me some direction.

I think you got this taken care of with the great help from those who answered...excellent stuff...

There do not appear to be any case clamps. just a plastic ring to keep everything from shaking around in the case.
With any plastic ring models, I normally remove the stem before I remove the ring. This allows me to hold the movement in place as I release the stem. For reference, on every movement except for the Russian Moljina model, I release the stem in the winding position. I know this goes against the Time Zone Experts and what they say, but hundreds of watches and never a problem, I must be doing something right...

Really want to try and do this myself, but if it gets to hairy, I'll have no problem sending it in.

Those are the words I like to hear, trying it yourself is always good, everyone starts somewhere...

Assuming I get the movement out should I clean it in one of these one-dip cleaners, oil it, both, neither ???

As someone already stated, you can't service a movement by dipping it in one-dip or any other cleaner...no matter what some say...

Only way to clean a movement is to completely disassemble, clean, inspect, reassembly and oil each part individaully as it's assembled...

Glad you got it to work and you had success and also that the members steped in to help you along...I was sleeping which is why I did not answer till now.....

Great job,

RG

Hmmm! Interesting - I just noticed that the date quick-set pusher on this model is actually operated using a part of the spacer ring!

Oh, and mine has the '45 hour' power reserve too, but I am living with it. The hand does not go over the area of the power reserve meter (even if it does go over the 40 marker) and 'fixing' it is just going to cause problems at the other end (-5 power reserve!!!)