When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken AP Rose Gold

Jordanf1

That is essentially a stock RG ROO GP watch with FC parts and an LWO283 movement.

No gen parts. I would value it at about $2k, without the additional straps, but that is just me.

To give everyone a comparison, I know a franken ROO with gen dial, hands, LWO283 movement, and all the supporting mods cost between $3-6k depending on the parts. 

So yes, it is overpriced in my opinion but if someone chooses to buy it at that price, then the watch is worth that price. There is a difference between value and worth. 

So JordanF1, you gonna secretly take the plunge right? :lol:

That is essentially a stock RG ROO GP watch with FC parts and an LWO283 movement.

No gen parts. I would value it at about $2k, without the additional straps, but that is just me.

To give everyone a comparison, I know a franken ROO with gen dial, hands, LWO283 movement, and all the supporting mods cost between $3-6k depending on the parts. 

So yes, it is overpriced in my opinion but if someone chooses to buy it at that price, then the watch is worth that price. There is a difference between value and worth. 

Very well said!  

Looks like folks over there are asking some hard questions about the costs of the build, etc. the seller got pretty defensive, but you can bet that most folks who are willing to shell out those kinds of bucks will want EVERY question answered. I know I would, this one is way out of my league though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a chance ! Mate

And ill still say, for that price, you can get a GEN Pam 111 , a bit Extra and you can have a Hulk Rolex, and some other Gens :)

Pardon me saying so, but I have never understood this argument that you repeat here now. Aren't references to other brands/models fairly irrelevant? Should I thread crap all sales on forums and state - "for this money, I can get a GEN Fossil/Seiko/G-shock/Iphone" whatever..?

E.g, if someone is selling a heavy franken vintage Daytona, all gen form worth similar to a Ferrari but parts worth also being like gold in the bank - is it relevant how much a shitty gen entry model like the Pam 111 costs?

But yes, that watch over at RWI is crazy overpriced to get back on topic :)

• Like 1

Not a chance ! Mate

Mate, I noticed that you took my words from post #5 of this thread and without any acknowledgement, reproduced them as your own on RWI here

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=196274&page=6&highlight=aproo

A screenshot of my original post made on RWG on 26th Sep 2014 here. 

post-39895-0-63706500-1412244793_thumb.j

And a screenshot of the post you made on RWI on 28th Sep 2014 here. See the similarities? Its almost a 1:1 rep of my post, something even the rep Rolex submariner makers could not achieve yet!

post-39895-0-51209500-1412243913_thumb.j

Thats not very nice of you buddy, to claim my words as your own. I do not wish to seek credibility for any knowledge or information I share, as this is a free forum, but I do not like to see my post being cut and pasted elsewhere without any acknowledgement, or permission at all. Yes the posts here are not copyrighted, but we ought to give one another the same courtesy we would like to receive under such circumstances. I am on RWI as well, and had I possessed any acrimonious intent toward the seller, I would have posted on the thread itself myself. But I wanted to give the seller the courtesy and opportunity to sell his watch, and that was why I chose to share a more candid opinion of mine on RWG. It was not very polite of you to cut my post from over here and pasted it there, and claim it as your own, the way it was crafted. Doing so also defeated my intention of not wanting to disparage the sales effort of the seller. Yes I have a personal assessment of the value of the watch he was trying to sell, but me sharing it here on RWG as opposed to directly on the sales thread shows my courtesy toward the seller. You should not have abused the fact that I was sharing the knowledge for the members HERE on RWG, but copying my post directly onto the aforementioned RWI sales thread without my knowledge, without acknowledging that it is not your post originally, and without permission. 

I do expect an apology if you wish to be seen as respectable. The seller has already withdrawn his sales. It was not necessary to kick a dead horse just because you did not like the color of the fur. 

Thank you kindly.

Alvin,

i thought you reply to my post was so good, i pasted it over there, as i couldn't have written it any better , feel free to copy my posts anytime mate, but you know i'm not as articulate as yourself.

Apologies if it appeared out of place, but it was very well said. And yes he withdrew it.

i also didnt given him as much [censored] as a pile of long-term members over there did, in fact my comments were rather lame, in effort, one more point too note, was that i had a comment that the thoughts posted were that of someone who's i consider an expert in AP reps.

D

Alvin,

i thought you reply to my post was so good, i pasted it over there, as i couldn't have written it any better , feel free to copy my posts anytime mate, but you know i'm not as articulate as yourself.

Apologies if it appeared out of place, but it was very well said. And yes he withdrew it.

i also didnt given him as much shit as a pile of long-term members over there did, in fact my comments were rather lame, in effort, one more point too note, was that i had a comment that the thoughts posted were that of someone who's i consider an expert in AP reps.

D

OK mate apologies accepted. I asked for an apology because it was not my intention to flame the seller over at RWI, but through you, my words were used over there in an inappropriate context, and it made his watch look bad... 

Frankly, mate, I do agree with you that the watch was overpriced. But lets face it, I would like to believe that most of us would not pay $100 for an item that could be bought for $40. The price he was asking would have disqualified his sales by default. Being members of the same community, we could of course point out irregularities to help other prospective buyers (and seller in the process) but lets do it tastefully and responsibly. My post over here at RWG would be different from the way I would have put it in his thread at RWI. Why? Because of simple courtesy. The seller was already having a hard time over there. No need for us to take swipes at him anymore while he was getting the heat yes? 

Knowledge can be a dangerous thing buddy, and you would now understand why. Words can be quoted out of context, and information could be used as weapons to disparage or discredit others. I am still learning how to better manage myself, after more than 3 years here! ;)

Yeah Bro totally agree and sorry for the copy and paste i could've come up with my own magic wand  but it have been lame, anyway the Mods withdrew it for breaking the profit rules of sale, apparently................

Once again sorry for any inconvience caused, wasnt my intention bro

D