When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Warning...all iPad Users!

preacher62

Thanks for the info. You know there have been a lot if folks on the rep and gen forums with magnetized watches, I wonder how many are due to IPad case magnets? I have one, and I use it a lot, my watch is pretty close to the case for long periods of time. Any idea as to what is a safe distance, or do you have to lay your watch directly on the magnet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think that in the case of an iPad, contact would be too close, but a couple of inches would be safety.  What I did was worse.  I was finishing up a movement to case it in my 1680 and sat the movement on the case, on top of the magnet.  When I put it on the Timegrapher a nearly perfect movement just went "haywire."  Everything was wrong.  Amplitude went to 120 and the lines were running up at a 60% angle...150+ minutes fast.  Lots of noise outside of the beat lines.

Luckily, I do have a degaussing coil, so I ran the whole watch through it and that apparently has realigned the molecules in the metal.  It is still not as good on the analyzer as before, but I think that the rest of the magnetism will subside...maybe... 

JUST DON'T DO THAT!