When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Suggestions for a YachtMaster (v.1)

GenTLe

Hi All,
I'm  not a deep Rolex connoisseur (nor a superficial... I'm not a Rolex connoisseur at all actually :) ), as like as I'm not a SUB great fan (like them, but I prefer my Blancpain), but recently my attention has been caught from the Yacht Master line.

Not the II series, which I find a bit inelegant with that dial, but surely the 1st version.

Again I'm not a noob, so I'm not gonna ask about "who has the best YM?", and I restricted my choices to the 2x A2836 "V5 factory" versions @ToroBravo site, the blue and the grey dial on SS case ones.
So:
http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_244&product_id=1172
and
http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_244&product_id=1177

How do you evaluate these models? Are they good in your Rolex-expert eyes? (I've already searched the forum but didn't find any reference to the Toro or V5 factory models) Can they be considered "super-rep" and, if not, what's wrong with them?

Moreover: I'm in trouble to decide between the blue (nice reflections, eye-catching, more sporty) and the grey one (also nice reflections, less eye-catching but more classy). What do you think about them and which one would be your choice (this is just a poll, let's say)?

Thanks!!
GenTLe

There are reasons for which I *need* to purchase from Toro.

Therefore I'm selecting my next one from it.

So, what's wrong with Toro ones? Considering more or less all the dealers have the same pieces, which is the difference with other's dealer ones?

I have also found the YM appealing and started to seriously review models/makers, for an interesting perspective try reading the TC YM review, he points to several specific items that separate the TC from others... that gives you a reasonable set of parameters for instance in this case you might note the CG.

BTW- both look fantastic, aesthetically I prefer the blue face the colors just work well together. JMHO.

Edited by Pontiaddict

Both of these are J12's.  I have a TC and a TW best, on which I installed a TC dial and hands, I think they are both very good reps to excellent of the 16622 without spending too much.  About 2 months ago I got the blue dial 116622 that you linked to above and am extremely happy with it.  One can see small flaws if one looks hard enough and the subject of the dial color is always debated.  I've looked at it and compared it to a gen in an AD's window and it is amazingly accurate, much better than the BP version.  Comparing it to TC'c, albeit with the silver dial, it's also excellent.  Just my observations.

Tictoc, they are actually both 116622, which is the only one that comes with blue dial. From 2013 you can also have it with rolesium dial and you recognise it from the 16622 version because the latest one has oysterlock clasp like the ceramic sub, and blue instead of green lume :)

Edited by GenTLe