When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP MH Question

Journeyman

Hi,

I've got a potentially dumb questions which I'm hoping the house AP experts can answer.

Does the Genuine Montauk have lume? Looking at the face, the numbers are Blue, so I wouldn't have thought this was possible, then I found the post below where Domi has applied lume on Black.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/172819-domis-full-modded-ap-roo-panda-on-ss-bracelet/?hl=domi

Thanks

The ROO Montauk Highway does not have lume.

Also, remember that lume can be applied on any color of markers. 

In the link you showed, the panda has black lume, just like the gen. The black lume also appears in the ROO Safari, which also has black markers.

Black lume is like lume doing a half-assed job lighting up the dial in the dark, preferring to align itself with the darkness rather than providing illumination, very weak. ;)

I suppose it's possible to Lume any dial/hands. The question is how good will the Lume be? Looking at the "black Lume" it's very difficult to tell if it's just a bad photo or the lume is weak, but I'm not impressed with it. Someone else posted a similar thread a while back, and one of the guys here who has a lot of experience with AP's said that he had the hands lumed on one of his AP's with black Lume, and he felt like it was a waste of money. Personally, I love Lume, the more the better, and that is one knock on some of the AP ROO chronos is the painted hands with no Lume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suppose it's possible to Lume any dial/hands. The question is how good will the Lume be? Looking at the "black Lume" it's very difficult to tell if it's just a bad photo or the lume is weak, but I'm not impressed with it. Someone else posted a similar thread a while back, and one of the guys here who has a lot of experience with AP's said that he had the hands lumed on one of his AP's with black Lume, and he felt like it was a waste of money. Personally, I love Lume, the more the better, and that is one knock on some of the AP ROO chronos is the painted hands with no Lume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're right A, black lume is a waste of time utility wise. 

To be honest, before I joined the forum, I did not even know there was such thing as black lume. I see black markers and I think of "doomed to darkness".

You said you like lume A.. ever considered a Ball watch? ;)

The ROO Montauk Highway does not have lume.

Also, remember that lume can be applied on any color of markers. 

In the link you showed, the panda has black lume, just like the gen. The black lume also appears in the ROO Safari, which also has black markers.

Black lume is like lume doing a half-assed job lighting up the dial in the dark, preferring to align itself with the darkness rather than providing illumination, very weak. ;)

Thanks Legend & Pan!

I'll openly admit, I'm new to AP, that's cleared that one up.

I also thought Lume was one colour.

As for Ball, I've got one, its great, they use glass tubes filled with Tritium gas, allegedly guaranteed for 25 years, one of mine blew after 3 months.  Theres three things you can see on Earth from the Moon.....Great Wall of China...Panel Gaps in a Range Rover and the glow from a Ball.

Regards

Mark

Thanks Legend & Pan!

I'll openly admit, I'm new to AP, that's cleared that one up.

I also thought Lume was one colour.

As for Ball, I've got one, its great, they use glass tubes filled with Tritium gas, allegedly guaranteed for 25 years, one of mine blew after 3 months.  Theres three things you can see on Earth from the Moon.....Great Wall of China...Panel Gaps in a Range Rover and the glow from a Ball.

Regards

Mark

Dear Mark

No worries, this forum is for sharing, learning, and slaughtering newbies for asking who has the best sub. 

OK I was kidding.. sometimes people don't share that much. :lol:

I seriously suspect that my ex classmate, a gargantuan girl named Mary could also be seen from space. She was the mountain when we played "comin' round the mountain", so you have an idea about her, erm, extreme..visibility.