When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen/Rep 42mm PO Bezel Interchangeable?

Resistor

So, a REALLY cool mod I stumbled upon was the swapping of a 42mm PO bezel assembly onto a gen SMP 2254.50. The oem scalloped bezel on the 2254.50 is horribly slick and difficult to turn - a problem that is remedied by the PO coin edge. I want to do this to my gen SMP but do not want to pay $300 for a gen bezel from Ofrei.

My question: does anyone know whether gen and rep bezels are interchangeable and if so, where can a rep bezel assembly be obtained? TIA

Pic borrowed from web:

rVqliaU.jpg

Edited by Resistor

Ha! That's the watch that I'm in the process of collecting parts for. I'm using a closed factory case, a 2230 dial (like the 2254 but with applied markers rather than painted on - so like a PO), 2230 hour and minute hand with a PO second hand and (naturally) a PO bezel.

Not so perfect timing. My 42mm CrPO from sead showed up today but I sent my 2254 away yesterday on a trade.

I still wonder if I should have kept the 2254.50, since they are no longer produced. My fear was that Speedmaster prices were going to start climbing (even though there are hundreds of thousands of them) in light of Omega's recent and ongoing price increases. The SMP used to retail for $1400 and I picked mine up for $500 more than that earlier this year. The current entry point for a Speedy Pro is around $2400 - and I refuse to pay more than that for a watch. Figured I'd get my original dream watch now before pricing goes too high.

On the plus side:

ebase4ug.jpg

Edited by Resistor

• 3 weeks later...

Heh. Well, I picked up another 2254.50, so I'd like to reinstate my question. Rep PO bezel fit gen 2254 case?

I guess I can try this with my CrPO but I suspect it won't work due to the newer 8500 case being gigantic. That, and my 42mm Noob is a gorgeous watch and I don't want to cannibalize it.