When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken second "pin"? GMT BLNR

Elliaz

Fellow members,

I have accidently broken the "pin" (or what the secondhand holder is called) of my GMT BLNR purchased from Trusty. It is stated to have an Asian 2813 movement.
I bought one of these movements from eBay without acctually thinking twice and to my horror the movement's without the GMT option. Is it possible that Andrew has stated the wrong movement? Or is there a specific version with GMT option? Is there a possibility I still can change tha broken parts from the new with the old one? If I happened to buy another movement, say 2836, would the hands still fit?

Many questions I know, thank you in prior!

Elliaz

Fellow members,

I have accidently broken the "pin" (or what the secondhand holder is called) of my GMT BLNR purchased from Trusty. It is stated to have an Asian 2813 movement.

I bought one of these movements from eBay without acctually thinking twice and to my horror the movement's without the GMT option. Is it possible that Andrew has stated the wrong movement? Or is there a specific version with GMT option? Is there a possibility I still can change tha broken parts from the new with the old one? If I happened to buy another movement, say 2836, would the hands still fit?

Many questions I know, thank you in prior!

Elliaz

The DG2813 is the non-GMT movement. I don't know if they are converted/modified to GMT or if they are called the wrong number. The correct number for GMT is DG3804B. That should be a direct replacement for your watch. If you went with an ETA movement you'd need new hands, the DG hands won't fit. Repairing a DG movement is not worth the time and effort even if you can find the parts. 

The DG2813 is the non-GMT movement. I don't know if they are converted/modified to GMT or if they are called the wrong number. The correct number for GMT is DG3804B. That should be a direct replacement for your watch. If you went with an ETA movement you'd need new hands, the DG hands won't fit. Repairing a DG movement is not worth the time and effort even if you can find the parts. 

Thanks Joey!

I'd buy a new movement but haven't find the right place in EU and not sure which one would fit the hands! I'll try to interchange the Second hand wheel from my "GMT modified 2813" (or whatever it is sold by Trusty) with my standard 2813... 

I believe the 21j GMT movements are DG3804.

They can be bought from oferi or cousins

Second hand pinions on the 21j movements are incredibly fragile. I hope you at least didn't break it with the pinion in the second hand. Did that once and had to order new hands and a new movement.

Be careful with those second hand pinions. Don't get greedy and try to pull all the hands at the same time. Always pull the second hand first and do it very carefully. Those second hand pinions are thinner than a sheet of paper.

Good luck

I believe the 21j GMT movements are DG3804.

They can be bought from oferi or cousins

Second hand pinions on the 21j movements are incredibly fragile. I hope you at least didn't break it with the pinion in the second hand. Did that once and had to order new hands and a new movement.

Be careful with those second hand pinions. Don't get greedy and try to pull all the hands at the same time. Always pull the second hand first and do it very carefully. Those second hand pinions are thinner than a sheet of paper.

Good luck

Thank you BC!

Just ordered the DG3804 from aztimeparts.com, although after checking their mail I'm not sure if it's a real website as it seems that they're page is half done and their e-mail verification hade a "place your logo here" sign ... I should've just tried ordering from Cousins but was to fed up with waiting on registration until I got my VAT number!

Well, we'll just wait and see... I am not sure if I broke the pinion, I really hope not though! Might have to check with the watchmaker on Monday!

Elliaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk