When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with my first purchase.

cameltotem

Hello watch lovers!

I will buy my first watch. 

Breitling Navitimer 01 from Torobravos.

I heard a lot about the 7750 movement and basically what i wonder is that when I get my watch will I be able to strap it on and start using it or do i have to wind it up in a special way?

Any guide for this watch?

Also can i let the chronograph be on all the time or will it drain the battery or something?

I suggest thoroughly reading and researching before buying a mechanical watch - especially a replica. Automatic watches don't use batteries but are powered by springs and gears. The use of the chrono function of Asian 7750's is generally not recommended due to the high complexity and relatively poor reliability of these movements.

Read, read, and read some more, then purchase your watch. If you jump into this uninformed you are likely to be disappointed.

Hi, don´t wind it. Give it some gentle shakes/twist and it will start running. Use it gently, in my opinion they are not very shockproof.

Date setting: never set the date between 10 and 4 positions because the datewheels are engaged (to change time at midnight) and may break. Best is to manually set the clock to 6 hours and than set the date, than adjust time.

Chrono: don´t use it often, the problem is stopping and resetting, if You want to, You can have it always running but the power reserve will be lower. Also never touch the reset button at 4 if the chrono is running, always stop it first, than reset. The best position for stopping is between 50´and 10´. First stop button, than reset button.

Have fun with the Navitimer.

• Like 1