When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

additional payment query

mazzamagoo123

Hi all I'm new to the forum so firstly thanks for letting me join.

I bought an Omega planet ocean 42mm yesterday from one of the trusted sellers (Andrew) and paid as per his instructions. I then received an email saying that the watch was only available with the Swiss ETA 2836 movement and not The Asia ETA 2836 movement.

I have a few questions which prob sound daft to you experienced guys but they are:

Is the Swiss movement better?

As it's 60 USD more does that sound fair and is this normal even with trusted sellers?

Thanks in advance for your help

Darren

Hi and welcome. A little bit unfortunate situation on Your first buy. The dealer only goes shopping from his sources when the money is in, so it happens. Your options are to ask for a refund, pay the $60 more or choose another watch in the price category the first one was. It´s not guaranteed the swiss movement is better, I normally buy Asian, Asian movements are new, the swiss ones are refurbished or dirty or are Asian ones anyway. I would take a quick look at Torobravos offerings pricewise for the Noob Lmpo or Crpo (and maybe shoot a mail asking if it´s available), than go from there. Don´t go into arguing with the TD, either pay the supplement or ask for the refund and buy with him next time something else. Good luck in sorting this out.

• Like 1