When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Price check: Gen Zenith El Primero Striking 10th

fraggle42

Hi chaps,

Just wondering if anyone can give me a ballpark figure for one of these? I can check the prices on Chrono24 but those prices are what they are asking, not what they've sold for.

Limited edition run, of 1969 watches IIRC.

New in Dec 2013, Zenith El Primero Striking 10th in traditional colours - tri coloured sub dials on silver dial.

Chap is selling it to raise money, comes on leather plus the correct Zenith bracelet.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard, since this is such a limited edition, probably not a whole lot of sales. There is one on WUS that was posted in September, never marked sold, so may or may not have sold. The seller was asking 6K, watch with all the papers, boxes, etc.

Just found a second one on WUS started out at 5995.00 USD end of Sept, last bump on 10/10, it was reduced to 4500.00 USD, Never posted as sold.

I think a big problem with watches that are out of the main line, hard to sell and they often sell at a big discount. Very unfortunate, as Zenith manufactures some wonderful watches, but the problem is, they are wonderful watches that no one knows about!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Striking 10th rounds the clock in a tenth of a second and is a premiere high-beat movement from Zenith, more intricate than my 4021 El Primero for example. They typically sell around $5-6k used, and on the bay or $7500-8k NIB never worn. Amazing timepiece made famous by that guy that jumped down from outer space I think, Felix whateverthef*ck. lol.  I would buy one.

Thanks guys.

508, I can see you like them from your photo :)

$4500 is a lot cheaper than the price this guy is asking, £4750. Even adding 25% import duties that works out too £3592. Bargain!

Lets have a look on Chrono24.

I don't know, neither of the posters had a photo up, don't know why, maybe they were back so far that the photos expired. Often happens with photos downloaded from photobucket .

Here is one just like the photo in your post, asking 6100.00 USD http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-zenith-striking-10th-el-primero-limited-edition-1149994.html

Here is the one for 4500.00 USD, no photos, http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-zenith-striking-10th-limited-edition-1969-a-1092535.html

Here is another one for 6050.00 USD same as what you are looking for. http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fsot-zenith-el-primero-striking-10th-ref-03-2041-4052-69-c496-1080490.html

Might want to give these a look, email the owner for more info, may get thenm down a fair amount, depending on how desperate they are to sell!!

Thanks, will get in contact with them.

Looking round at the various options that are available I quite like the open versions that show the balance, pallet fork and escapement. I'm not really that fussy if it's a striking 10th or not, and thinking about it from the futures point of view, I doubt the striking 10th would recoupe the extra outlay after it's a year or more old purely for the complication. The fact it's a limited edition will help, but by how much I don't know.

I'm certainly not looking at this as an "investment", but minimising losses is only sensible, the main thing is I get something I will hopefully really like wearing for quite a few years.