When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any One have a link to the DG 3804 assembly order?

Tiyal

I have two GMT movements, both a little different. I'm at the paw spring and paw. Date wheel is next but I've got an extra small gear. And this is where the two movements differ. A link would help.

Thanks

post-11567-0-38709300-1417305459_thumb.j

Edited by Tiyal

These two links helped a little. Funny as I reread the part about removing the date wheel spring (i refered to it as the pawl spring) and the technique of pulling it out through the date wheel plate. I removed the plate first and would not do it again. In my parts box I have 5 or 6 dead 2813s and luckily I was able to scavange date wheel springs from them. The energry in that little spring is just enough to send it flying across the room and out a window lol. Lost 4, recoverd 2 the next day.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/lesson-iv-romoving-date-module-actual-oiling-408354.html#/forumsite/20758/topics/408354

http://www.watchstuff.org/?p=140

Next issue I had to solve was an extra gear that had stuck to the date wheel plate. I'm so glad I snapped a picture of its position before pulling it off the plate. Because of that photo i was able to locate its place.

The newer 3804 has a different date advance gear (name?) thats driven by the keyless works. The older movement that I'm using has that gear running (same spot) from the works up and over the date wheel plate almost holding the date wheel in place. I had both of these instaled and couldnt figure out why the plate couldnt attach. When I pulled the new one it all came together nicely.

That 'u' shaped spring does fly when you remove the plate. I swear I heard a tiny sonic boom as it broke the sound barrier flyng off, and burned up on re-entry, never to be found!

To install that spring I used a piece of Scotch tape. Install the plate, then the spring through the slot. I stick the tape to the spring, and being able to see through the tape, position it and push in the slot. That little bit of hold seems to do the trick.

I then found that the easiest way to service a DG movement was using the special, DG Movement Tool.

post-16926-0-76939000-1417380792_thumb.j

De-Case the movement. Place the movement on your workbench. Apply the 'JoeyB Special DG Movement Adjustment Tool™' with sufficient force. Sweep the movement into the trash. Buy a new movement ($25 - $35). 

Totally, I'll take two. :) I'm a total sucker for wasting my time. $35 for a new movment or three hours looking for flying microscopic springs, plus another couple hours dicking around with $&&@$&@$! Now the date won't advance.

post-11567-0-69364800-1417421490_thumb.j