When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Speedmaster or Seamaster that is actually waterproof around $200?

UnLoOpY

I know there are the trusted dealers but I have had a tough time figuring out what's the best when what I genuinely care about is the the bezel being about as resilient as the gen and it being actually waterproof for daily shower wear.  Less concerned with lumes and stuff.  Have been considering the toro offerings.  BP and Noob offerings are around but wondering about water resistance.

Most seamasters(non chrono) can be waterproofed.

Chrono style watches(speedmaster) can be difficult to keep dry.

No matter what a dealer says about a watch's water resistance it's best to have your watch pressure tested.

Some mall kiosk watch shops offer the service.

Personally I have never understood showering with a watch on, heat,soap,etc. are bad for seals and gen watch manufacturers advise you not to.

Dead skin etc. can collect under the bezel and in the bracelet.(disgusting)

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=202180&p=2038768&viewfull=1#post2038768

Speedmasters are not waterproof. Even the gens arnt waterproof until you get to the later models with the gasket system in the pushers.

The rep pushers really have no way of resisting water. It's just 2 o rings on each pusher. I wouldn't go near water with that thing on.

As for the seamaster. It can be made water resistant. Take a bit more work than a standard dive watch bc you have to take the movement out and epoxy the He valve. Do that and grease all the seals. That should be more than enough for showers and quick pool dips

I find that if I take a watch off to shower I'll never put it back on, yes I've been wearing watches a long time.  Same reason that if I were to wear any other sort of jewellery it would have to be something I never have to take off.

I would think the opposite would be true, If you wear a watch most of the time(except showering) you know right away your not wearing it when you get dressed(well at least I do, I sometimes even take this opportunity to change watches).I don't think I have ever left the house without one on my wrist.(maybe I'm a bit compulsive in this regard)

But that's just me I guess.

• 3 months later...