When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

bp sub crown mistery

Sergione69

The problem is that most rep tubes are made of inferior metal, which tends to weakness and breakage. I would recommend replacing it with a gen or Swiss-made aftermarket tube, which is available from ofrei.com, cousinsuk.com & most other watch supply firms. To remove, you will need to remove the caseback, release the stem (procedure varies depending on the type of movement in your rep - see the Watchmaking section of RWG for general instructions) & use tweezers or a small flathead screw driver to unscrew the broken tube from the inside of the crown. You can use a small, 3-sided file slid into the remaining portion of the tube in the case to unscrew it. To install the new tube, use the same file to install the new tube in the case. Snug it with moderate finger pressure only; do not force or tighten it as it will snap off! Then, reassemble. If unsure or you lack the tools, by all means, take the watch to a local watchmaker & have him handle the replacement for you. It is a quick & easy job for a professional watchmaker.

• 2 months later...

That sub would take the Rolex 7030 tube and either the 703 or 704 crown.

the BP crown might fit on the 7030 tube- you'll just have to try it and see.

I like the 7030 tubes from wholesaleoutlet990- I've had good luck with them.

Clarks also has tubes, but I've broke a few of them.

Cleaning out the threads in the case takes a 3mm x .35 tap.

I use some lock-tite when installing new case tubes. Helps w/ WR.

• Like 1

thank you so much ,

can you please tell me difference between :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Case-tube-Ref-24-7030-For-Rolex-complete-with-gaskets-CLARK-N-/231373802385

and

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Case-tube-Ref-24-7030-For-Rolex-complete-with-gaskets-CLARK-O-/231172648759

i think i need the N one

maybe you have other links?

many thanks in advance

That's obviously a disclaimer on WSO's part to keep them out of trouble.

With a gen tube or good aftermarket tube, it will probably fit, but when you remove the rep tube, you need to run the 3.0mm x .35 tap thru the hole to clean out the threads. At that point you're good to go.

Now days most crown and tube assemblies are copies of the gen assembly- gen crowns will a lot of times fit on the rep case tubes. My crown and tube assembly on my SSD-V2 was so good, I saw no reason to swap it out for a gen assembly. And that watch is 3-4 years old.

You might consider sending your watch out to someone who has the tools and experience to do the swap. By the time you buy a tap, a case wrench to install the tube, some loc-tite and tools and screw drivers to open the case and remove the watch movement, it would be cheaper to pay someone $40 or so to make the swap for you.