When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen or not !6610

coffindodger

Hi Lads,

Just looking at this 16610 on the bay. Just wondering if its a gen or not.

Is that the right DWO for a 2001 16610?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Rolex-submariner-/131398264815?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item1e97f267ef

was thinking of swapping it for my Breitling Nav but not sure.

CD

Edited by coffindodger

Probably an old gen but bracelet looks weird/pretty used up. I suggest looking around on rolexforum. I got an awesome deal for my 16610lv about anyear ago and you have much better pictures and a lot of trustworthy and well known dealers ;) not saying you can't be lucky on the bay but I rather pay a bit more being sure that the person who is selling the watch knows what he's talking about and also has good pictures and relible feedback ;) good luck and you can never go wrong with a gen 16610! :)

OK, this looks to be an early 16610 R serial sub, according to the serial # on the papers. That would be 1988. Dial is ok, fliplock on the clasp has no lines- could be a holdover from the 16800/168000. Seeing the 6/9 open numbers on the datewheel would confirm it's early heritage, but dw could be changed during service- they do wear out. Pictures pretty much suck- if you're in England you could maybe go see the watch. Oh, pearl looks like shit. Time to replace the bezel insert.     Price is ok, but not a steal. Movement probably needs a service- it's a 25 year old watch! 

Seller's pics suck- oh, did I mention that- buy the seller first.

No. The tracksuit and trainers wearing pikey probably will be selling your wheels back to you next week if you go to pick it up.

Just look at his previous history, all excellent, but amazingly random stuff, including job lots of fixtures & doors, and tools likely stolen at the same times as the random job lots from company gang boxes on construction sites.

Edited by AnonymousWatchmaker

No. The tracksuit and trainers wearing pikey probably will be selling your wheels back to you next week if you go to pick it up.

Just look at his previous history, all excellent, but amazingly random stuff, including job lots of fixtures & doors, and tools likely stolen at the same times as the random job lots from company gang boxes on construction sites.

Ridiculous observation