When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

patek philippe ladys watch

cheery

Many of the lady PP models are quartz. Matter of fact, both gents and ladies genuine PP used to have Eta quartz movements in them. Do not know what they use now. Probably like cartier, they used to have quartz Etas in them but now they have $300 to $500 'in house' cartier/ebel movements.

Friend of mine had a lady PP that had a $1200 (iirc) estimate to fix and we fixed it for $35 with a new Eta just like what was in it. The PP had the detent button changed around and we just swapped the parts out. There was no Eta stamp or part number on it.

Detent...You took the case apart from the front and removed the hands and dial to get to the detent button, then you pushed the detent button from the top side to release the stem.

The time and date and time only gents models used to have Eta 955.xxx with a goldtone PP signed cover on the top of the movement to disguise them.

The down side was you had a $7k watch with $200 worth of gold and a $25 movement. The up side was they were cheap to fix and much more reliable than PP mechanical movements.

Hi, You did very well on the first pics.

Looks like a rep to me, because of the engravings on the caseback and the lettering on the dial/ hands.

A sideview is needed, the gen has 1 hole only, most reps have 2 holes: one on the case and another on the first link.

Many of the lady PP models are quartz. Matter of fact, both gents and ladies genuine PP used to have Eta quartz movements in them. Do not know what they use now. Probably like cartier, they used to have quartz Etas in them but now they have $300 to $500 'in house' cartier/ebel movements.

I stand corrected Re: PP and quartz I thought they hadn't ventured into it but I was wrong.