When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DHL and transit times

Beachcomber

Just curious if anyone has ever experienced long shipping times within Europe for DHL. This is not an express shipment but just general packet.this was shipped on the ninth and the last status was on the 12th I mean this is coming from Germany to Spain it shouldn't take this long or should it? cf40272866ca75faac0ce14445ded004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is absolutely horrible, Germany to Spain should only take a few days. This wasn't express, it was just a packet, not sure if this makes a difference or not but I'd sure feel better if I knew where the hell it was. Does DHL ever lose things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not with me and In my years i sent/Got alot from Them and ups fedex

Best for me always ups/dhl/ fedex

Way better Then regular airmail

But [censored] happens sometime its bad weather at The moment and such

I recently found this whilst searching for DHL transit tmes, wondering if anyone can confirm if this is true, if so then I guess I don´t have to worry.

I have been searching google and DHL.de about what's the difference of "normal" DHL Paket International from "express" DHL Paket International aside from the cost and time difference. But, I haven't found an answer.

Does the Normal DHL Paket International (which is cheaper but takes 3 weeks or more) mean that the package is dispatched to the normal post office of the foreign country, and that the recipient has to pick it up from their nearest post office?

Anyone has experienced this?

It seems that all international packages by Deutsche Post use DHL.

Normal DHL Paket International - delivered through the country's postal service.
DHL Express Paket International - delivered through DHL guys.

From their description the normal packet service they pick it up, send it to the destination country and hand it over to the default postal service who deliver it to you at the cheap rate service, so depending how slow your default, local service is, that will delay it some.

From what I was reading, you are right, here all the time I was expecting a DHL truck to come driving up to much door but instead I think the old Spanish guy on his Vespa to leave a slip of paper cuz he's too damn lazy to deliver the package. Had I know this was going to be the way it was shipped I would have most certainly paid extra to have it shipped express. Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk