When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Basic watch tools

Riverking2

Just hit watch tool box in Amazon and order one for $15 to $20 usd with the basic stuff, lugbar and pin removal tool, caseback opener, some screwdrivers, pliers and lupe. Imo no need to have Bergeon tools in the beginning, but toothpics, silicon grease, blue tac and an o-ring greaser are fine.

Really depends what type of watch tools you want. You can pick it up tool by tool if there are only a certain few tools that you want. 

Personally I bought this: http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=259
It's completely over the top for just changing / sizing bracelets but it's all you'll need for quite a while if you get into modding.

My only advice is don't skimp on the screwdrivers. Bad screwdrivers are horrible, will bend and rip the hell out of the screws in bracelets with screws. I tried sizing the bracelet on my tudor BB with poor screwdrivers and in the end the only way to fix the mess it had created was a hacksaw.

So my 2 cents is get good screwdrivers, they'll pay their own worth in one screw up and the stress that comes along with it.

I have this same kit from offshore great guy and great service. I agree on the screwdriver set. Worth spending the money to upgrade. The set with the kit is ok but not great.

I actually use an old snap on set I had from when I built race cars. Excellent quality and work great for watches.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

I have this same kit from offshore great guy and great service. I agree on the screwdriver set. Worth spending the money to upgrade. The set with the kit is ok but not great.

I actually use an old snap on set I had from when I built race cars. Excellent quality and work great for watches.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Okay, I've not had any issues with the screwdriver set in the kit above. I've done movement work as well as bracelet and i've had no issue, though I haven't used anything better so maybe ignorance is bliss in that department.