When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 16610 Franken project

tframo

My 16610 Franken is almost done

Should be back from the modder this weekend

Started life as a tc v6 picked up on M2M

Added:

Gen crystal (no ar, with lec)

Gen dial

Gen hands

Gen insert

Gen clasp

Gen crown and tube

Gen date wheel

Yuki 3135 serviced

Possible addition of gen bezel assembly at later date

Once I get watch back I will post better pics on bracelet etc

I am going for a 2005 D series with this build

post-48269-0-17375700-1423700282_thumb.j

post-48269-0-25384200-1423700291_thumb.j

post-48269-0-26850700-1423700305_thumb.j

post-48269-0-67888600-1423700315_thumb.j

post-48269-0-46165600-1423700338_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yes and this is why people should sit back and think about how much it would cost to get your project done.

I have seen too many members here spend a fortune on a top franken and then realise 1) can't recoup much of the costs back if they sale or 2) the genuine version costs not that much more.

But it's a hobby too. The fun part is finding the parts and completing the build - not about the investment.

But it's a hobby too. The fun part is finding the parts and completing the build - not about the investment.

I agree and understand how and why it happens sometimes. Whether you or other members choose to go down that path is you / their choice. Not saying its wrong but I think its important to think ahead - many of us don't and then it becomes quite an expensive project.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a beauty, what bracelet are you going with? I purchased what was supposed to be a bk 16610 sub from a member to begin my project. The watch turned out to be a bad. The hands keep falling off, the dial was touched up and the inset and bezel assembly worn out and damaged. No way this was a bk. I started out with too many expenses on this watch to start the project. Yours is beautiful.

Guest baleinedessable

Nice project. The main pleasure is the parts hunt... Then the build, understand how EXACTLY the assembly is made... Then the movement... You can easily learn how to service ETA and 3135 series calibers, with proper equipment.. My new hobby ! It's a genuine pleasure for every guy who likes hand tooling, bikes, cars, watches.. Going into the bototm of the understanding...