When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Decisions on next purchave

swdivad

Hi Guys... 

I'm in the mood for something a bit different... But it's gotta be great quality...  

(I tried to do a poll, but I just couldn't figure out how to post it... what a dummy)

Please help me choose out of the below three categories:

Panerai:
  1. Pam 571 Submersible Ti, KW
  2. Pam 569 Submersible Ti Hobnail Destro, KW
  3. Pam 371 Regatta GMT Ti Blue
  4. Pam 508 P Submersible CER, KW

AP:
  1. AP ROO Chronopassion New Ti
  2. AP ROO Diver Titanium/Ceramic Miyota
  3. AP ROO Diver 1:1 V7, JF
  4. AP ROO Diver SS/Ceramic
  5. AP ROO Diver 1:1 V3.5, Noob

Tudor:
  1. Tudor Pelagos, ZF
  2. Tudor Pelagos, KW
  3. Tudor Pelagos, V6F

(Is there any difference in the Tudor Pelagos out there?)

Thanks much for your help!

508 hands down.. I just got mine, will do a photo shoot tomorrow. But here's a teaser pic from killowattore on RWI. This might be the best "out of the box Panerai rep" so far KW v6f

Yes, I'm on the edge on this one as well... Love your photo of this awesome watch!

A few questions:

How easy or hard is it to rotate the bezel? Is the bezel tight? Are the clicks aligned and very positive?

How about the CG lever... Is it floppy or very well fitted?

Being ceramic, is it super light?

• Like 1

NO. It's not as light as I would have thought. I have a bronzo and a 305. The 305 is by far the lightest. 508 is in the middle of the three.

CG snaps crisp. For sure.

The bezel is crisp and 60 perfect clicks. Very soft but firm clicks, much more audible than the 382, and cleaner clicks... Hard to describe, very much gen like. Compared to a gen 305 for example...

This watch will not leave my collection. Period.

Hers a quick and dirty pic of the two. (305 is on my bench apart) shi#^*y IPhone pic on my patio.

8BD26EA6-3ECE-454C-8ACC-FBF7C5837795_zps

Thanks for the feedback spanky... surely the 508's a beautiful piece... I'm just a bit undecided on weather I'd want a watch that stays new forever, as I do like the beat up/used well look.

Just another thing I noticed... The great photo that you posted up there shows the bezel dots somewhat glossy/different shade. Do the faces of these dots have the same finish as the rest of the ceramic surface?

The bezel is a Matt finish, actually sand blasted. The dots are not polished but they are not sand blasted like the bezel either. Kind of a semi Matt or eggshell finish. They are angled ever so slightly, and catch the light different sometimes. As are the quarter hour markers. If you look at gen pics, it is the same effect.

OK, I've eliminated some choices for now... 571 is too boring at the moment, regatta is too blue. AP Ti and ceramic have display backs...

Anyone have info on the Pelagos if they are different makers or just a different twist on the same maker

Panerai:

1. Pam 571 Submersible Ti, KW
  2. Pam 569 Submersible Ti Hobnail Destro, KW
  3. Pam 371 Regatta GMT Ti Blue
  4. Pam 508 P Submersible CER, KW

AP:
  1. AP ROO Chronopassion New Ti
  2. AP ROO Diver Titanium/Ceramic Miyota
  3. AP ROO Diver 1:1 V7, JF
  4. AP ROO Diver SS/Ceramic
  5. AP ROO Diver 1:1 V3.5, Noob

Tudor:
  1. Tudor Pelagos, ZF
  2. Tudor Pelagos, KW
  3. Tudor Pelagos, V6F

OK, I've eliminated some choices for now... 571 is too boring at the moment, regatta is too blue. AP Ti and ceramic have display backs...

Anyone have info on the Pelagos if they are different makers or just a different twist on the same maker

Panerai:

• Pam 571 Submersible Ti, KW
  • Pam 569 Submersible Ti Hobnail Destro, KW
  • Pam 371 Regatta GMT Ti Blue
  • Pam 508 P Submersible CER, KW

AP:

• AP ROO Chronopassion New Ti
  • AP ROO Diver Titanium/Ceramic Miyota
  • AP ROO Diver 1:1 V7, JF
  • AP ROO Diver SS/Ceramic
  • AP ROO Diver 1:1 V3.5, Noob

Tudor:

• Tudor Pelagos, ZF
  • Tudor Pelagos, KW
  • Tudor Pelagos, V6F

I've spent the last 4 or 5 hours also trying to find which pelagos is the better make, the zf factory or the v6f/kw. I'v read all sorts of info from "zf have better qc" to "there is absolutely no difference at all despite the obvious price difference". Any insight would be greatly appreciated.