When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First post. Pam 312 and 321

skulkerboyo

Hi

long time lurker and pam fan. Never owned a pam rep but own 3 marina militares.

Finally decided I can hold off no longer so started looking for one. Originally wanted a 321 but can't see any? Is it an unusual one to rep?

Anyway I'm happy to get a 312. Love the 1950s amd can live without a power reserve complication.

I've narrowed my focus to a couple of trusted dealers and my budget is $300 but smaller is always better.

I can find what I want at that price I think but is there anything I should be aware of? I'd like to avoid less reliable movements and seagull seem on the button.

I suppose it's a question that's been asked lots but what is the best 312 for price and quality. I saw an overwhelming love for kuvarsit but no site up anymore. And why no 321s? Is kuvarsit answering emails and still a repped dealer? Also price? How much were his going for?

Anyway. Getting excited over here

Welcome!

If I were you I would get a 312 KW v2 with the ST2555 movement. It is a very very good rep, the seagull is more reliable than the A7750, and it is cheaper. But parts for a Seagull are harder to source when needed.

However if you care more about the movement accuracy go for the v3 with the A7750 which is better decorated. Still not close.

Both movements are good movements, so at the end of the day it doesn't matter which you pick. It's all about preferences.

As for the TD not answering emails, it is Chinese New Year. So no one in China will be answering your emails. Patience is key in this hobby ;)