When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sending a watch to Russia

Tonyyammine

Second that with Roland, He makes great buckles. I have one of his for my Bronze Heroic 18.

We ship packages to Ukraine all the time to my wife's family there. I have always been concerned about pilferage, but in over 11 years, we have never had anything stolen. I have never shipped anything like a valuable watch before, did ship her niece a new kindle Paperwhite a few weeks ago and it arrived safely.

I would contact Roland though. Are you planning to ship it by courier like FedEx or DHL? I would definitely ship with full insurance and disclosure on the customs form. In the past I have shipped a few expensive watches overseas, and I usually send them FedEx./ I actually take the watch and the box to the FedEx  store, take a photo or two of them putting the watch in the box, sealing the box and attaching the label. Might not help, but at least I have photographic evidence that it went into the box was sealed and mailed. I'm sure lots of folks will say ship it registered mail, which may be fine, but with FedEx, it's going to be tracked all the way and every time the package finishes a leg of it's journey, it's scanned coming and going. Registered Mail has a tendency to get lost in the shuffle. I had a watch mailed from Singapore on January 31st It has  showed "Origin post preparing shipment" since the 2nd of February. Still not here and no tracking progress at all, so suffice to say, I don't have a lot of confidence in the way USPS handles Registered Mail.