When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping Questions

Seanpnichols

I ordered a rep Omega Seamaaster 42mm Ocean Planet from a trusted dealer back on February 3rd. According the tracking info I received, it finally left Hong Kong on February 16, almost two weeks later. Today is the 26th and I still have not received it here in the US, 10 days after it left. I understand how this may be “normal,” but why???

Why does it take 2 weeks to actually ship an item after it has been paid for?

Why does it take longer than 10 day for me to get something that has probably arrived in the US?

Do some trusted dealers ship faster than others?

It may have been scanned out of the PO in Hong Kong, but didn't actually leave the country. AFA the Post office is concerned it's gone, because it was scanned out. Also how was it shipped? For some reason, Registered is not showing up at all in tracking. I have a watch coming from Singapore that was mailed on January 31st, shows on Singapore post that it was dispatched to the US on 2/2/2015, today is the 26th and it's still showing "Origin post is preparing shipment" on the USPS tracking site.  also have some parts coming from another seller in Singapore, same thing, it was dispatched to the US on 2/17/2015, still showing  "origin post is preparing shipment" on the USPS tracking site. Not sure what's going on, as Singapore is not as affected by Chinese New Year as mainland China. Also the first package left well before CNY started. I'm at a loss as to what's going on.

Another theory, that may ort may not hold water, are some items on purpose or inadvertently sent by surface rather than air? If that were the case, It would take from 3-6 weeks to get here, and then with the backlog of ships at the west coast ports, may take 3 months to get here!! A couple of years ago, I ordered a box of Cigars from Australia. Usually they shipped air parcel which was untrackable. Anyway, I waited for a month, emailed the seller, and they sent me a replacement box, this time by EMS. This took about a week. Still no word from the first box, well, about 3 months later, the first box suddenly turned up in my mailbox. It took it over four months. The cigars were in  pretty dismal shape, as it was the middle of summer, and they probably were in a container then a hot warehouse for a while. I emailed the seller, he told me just keep them, see if they can be resurrected. I put them in a humidor, but unfortunately, they were never any good. Nice that a watch is not a perishable commodity!!  

My Update:

For anyone who questions delays caused by Chinese New Year!!!!

Jan 29 --- Order from Intime placed

Jan 31 --- QC Pics received and approved

Feb 1 --- Tracking number received (EMS)

Feb 3 --- EMS tracking shows as "Dispatched from GUANGZHOU Sorting Center"

March 4 --- USPS shows the package arriving into the NYC Sorting Center

29 days!!!!     No stress whatsoever!   ;-)

Thanks Panerai for that explanation above.  That makes a lot of sense.

I finally got my watch yesterday and it looks fantastic!  But its running entirely too fast.  It was about two hours fast this morning when I woke up.

Now to find someone to adjust it, and the links without screwing me.