When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please help a new fellow with a Seamaster Purchase!

Pearl

New to this and need help with a Seamaster Purchase 

I have been a member here for a couple of years now and I'm about ready to make a purchase.

The watch I want I believe is an Omega 2225.80. Puretime calls it a Seamaster Chrono Diver SS Blue. Toro Lists it as Seamaster 2008 Pro Chrono 300. I have contacted 2 TD's that have them in stock Pure time and Toro Bravo.

Puretime is a little less money. not so significant. The add on Toro Bravo's site actually shows 2 different watches in the same add. What I notice in the add is the lume above the chrono dial at noon has two little lume pieces where others in subsequent pictures do not.

Being new I am not allowed to post links, but both TD's have these watches in the seamaster portion of their websites I'm sorry you can't just click there.

Any help with these watches would be greatly appreciated. A couple of years ago these were not available anywhere. These guys say they can ship next week due to the Chinese New Year.

Thanks in advance folks and as I complete the process I will promise to post Pictures!

Maybe you're looking at 2 versions of the SMP 300 chrono. There is the early version and the later post 2008 version. I have both and they are great reps.

Well, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do. Just thought the discrepancy on Toro's site was odd. Could happen to anyone I suppose. Plus, as I'm getting closer to doing this it excites me like a child! I haven't gotten anything for just me in a while! Most of the reviews are pretty old and I have not been able to find much on the 2225.80 or the one with the red Seamaster lettering. A little hand holding is all.

Both dealers are trusted. I've purchased from Tori and the experience was good. Both watches are the same model so just decide who you're buying from and get on with it! :)

* That should read Toro - damn autocorrect!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered this this morning. My first go at this. They have been very helpful so far and providing me the hand holding that a new guy may need!

http://www.pure-time.com/product/seamaster-chrono-diver-ss-blue-dial-on-bracelet-a7750/

Excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Pearl
  • Like 1