When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In search of!

deano19980

Hi, this is my first post, can anyone let me know where I can purchase a near as gen Ulysses Nardin Alexander the great replica and from which reputable website? I am also after the best replica ceramic submariner you can get, I have read about Noob being the one to go for! Any help would be appreciated.

We have an entire section with Trusted Dealers. You can buy from any of them.

You're kidding about the UN I assume. You will not find a "nearest to gen" replica of the $450k UN ATG.

I'm sure someone will make one, but given the tourbillion movement and insane decorations, you're not going to find anything other than a mild representation.

As for the Sub-C, do a search and you will find everything you need to know about the best version.

Welcome sir,

I believe that you would do well to visit some of the dealer websites and look around. I'm not sure that the UN that you are looking for has ever been replicated, but I'm sure the Ceramic sub is offered in multiple versions and by different makers.

Look pardner, you have been here about a minute, you are asking for advice without spending  any time doing any research. But since I'm in a good mood today, instead of flaming you, I'm gong to give you a little help.
1. We have a list of Trusted dealers here, notice "trusted" they are in that section because for the most part they give very good service, accurately describe their products , deliver what they describe, and offer such niceties as a limited warranty, as well as protection should your watch get seized by customs, lost, damaged or stolen in transit .
2. Watch88 or 88watch or whatever they are calling themselves is NOT a trusted dealer. Why not? Because they are a scam site, they use pictures of genuine watches instead of the rep that you are getting, Their watches are cheap junk, street vendor quality, and they are not going to give you any warranty, no matter what they claim. I would bet that their site is filled with malware and spyware as well, so just clicking on their site may give your computer a bad cold!!

Now, after all this, you sir are on your own. But If I were you, I would do a whole lot more reading and research and then go to the trusted dealer pages on this and other rep forums,chose the watch and then chose the dealer you feel most comfortable with. Now if you chose not to listen to the advice of someone who has been here fore almost 9 years and over 5k posts, that's entirely up to you, but if you chose to ignore advice from members here and buy from one of these scam sites, don't come back with your tale of woe when your 400.00 USD Rolex Rep turns out to be a 50.00 USD Canal street piece of junk.

As this is my first experience with a forum of any kind I take your comments on board and will act on your words of wisdom and knowledge.

I understand hhe answers I am looking for are all within the site but the more you read the more confused you become as many different people have many different opinions.

As I mentioned before I will do my research and make my choice and let you know how I've done.

Again thanks for you reply.

You are very welcome. I would expect that most of the guys who are into contemporary Rolex watches (I'm not, the only modern one I own is a franken GMT IIC) All the rest of mine are vintage), would say that the noob V5  is the best 11610 Ceramic Submariner out there today. Of course there are some who will disagree, some (Very small minority) say the noob V4 is better. I believe that from looking at the photos, you would be hard pressed to find a better one than the V5. Here is the problem with the rep game, quite often we get caught up with waiting for the ultimate,1:1, 100% perfect watch. You will still be waiting when you are old and grey, because there is never going to be a 100% perfect rep. Every timer the rep factories come out with a new version, they fix a few problems, but leave a few or they fix a few and then they mess up something else, so it's not a linear progression at all, sometimes it's 2 steps forward and one back, or one forward and one to the side. I realize it's confusing. Hell, I got into AP's about a year and a half ago after a lifetime of Rolex and many other gen and rep watches. I still feel like and idiot sometimes, because it takes a long time to build up a knowledge base, especially with watches that are constantly changing, new models, improvements to older models, etc. You just have got to do a lot of reading, and look at a lot of photos of genuine  as well as reps.

Another thing to remember, we have a lot of guys here that very, very anal about watches. Some of the faults that people mention are literally not visible to the naked eye! When you blow up a photo of a watch face to the size of a wall clock, it's easy to pick it apart, but remember the watch is 35-45mm's not 10 inches, so faults that you can pick up on a computer blow-up  probably won't be discernible at eye to wrist distance. Another important factoid, about 99% of the people out there couldn't tell a canal street rep from a real Rolex or a Timex , and more importantly, they don't care. If you can carry off a watch, then you are not very likely to be questioned about it. If you are a high school student, delivering pizzas in a rusted out Tercel, most everyone who notices your watch will assume it's a fake, even if it's genuine. So if you can't carry off a Rolex, you should stick to mid range gens like Seiko, Invicta, and lots of others who make nice watches in the same range that the noob sells for. That's one reason most folks would not buy a rep of a 450K UN, unless you are a multi millionaire (Think Russian Oligarch), because unless you are in that category, anyone who knows anything about those watches will know yours is a fake.

Again I thank you for the time and effort that you have put into your detailed reply and I couldn't agree more, as I could pull off wearing a rep Rolex and not be questioned about it, I could not get away with for 1 second wearing a UN £450,000 watch.

My only reason for asking if they do a rep of that piece is in my opinion the UN ATG is the most amazing and detailed timepiece you could wear on your wrist.

But back to my original question, I have followed your advise, done my homework and research and am going to settle on a noob V5 sub-c from Torobravo which has great reviews on here around its service and quality of watches.

Thanks again for your time (no pun intended) and very informative replies.