When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Auto Subscribe?!

Hey Admin,

Sorry i didnt know who to speak to about this...

I had a 6 month subscription to RWG and had an email about 2 days ago to say it was going to expire. It said if you wish to re-subscribe then please send money via paypal etc. Or do nothing if you wish not to subscribe.

Being a bit tight at xmas i decided to wait until afterwards to subscribe. However today i got an email from paypal to say thank you for my payment?! I never even sent payment?

is there some sort of automated syste im on the charges me automaticaly? :huh:

Thanks

i get a similar email every month (originally i bought a one-month membership); it tells me that my subscription is about to expire, then automatically bills my paypal account...

i'd probably prefer to purchase a 6 month or one year subscription, but i haven't been able to figure out how to stop the recurring monthly charges....

any help mods/admin?

Well, I've done some checking and apparently there is a "flaw" in the way the forum payment is set up and there is nothing I can do about it (Except add it as a bug report to the makers of the forum software)

This is because the forum allows both recurring and single payments to be used. No matter what kind of payment you set up, the forum software will apparently send you a reminder that your RWG Supporter membership is about to expire.

If you would like to cancel your current subscription, there are instructions on how to to this here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?act=He...E=01&HID=17

If you then would like to set up a 1 year or 6 month membership, go here:

http://www.rwg.cc/upgrade/

thanks for your support :tu:

• 2 weeks later...