When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 can't pull crown to time position

ptr

Hey guys,

New post new member so if its in the wrong place mods please move.

Anyway I received my new watch with a A7750 movement I was able to adjust the time for the first few days (I hack my watches at the end of the day)

But today I tried to set the crown at the 3rd position (Time setting) and it didn't engage it was stuck on the date on and kept moving the date. The movement seems to be working fine its just having trouble engaging the time adjustment. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I am planning to take it to a local watchsmith that works on a7750 but does anyone know if this is something I should consider sending back or if its a minor problem something misaligned maybe. I literally just got this thing yesterday feeling a little bummed.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are trying to set the date whilst the time is between 10PM and 2AM, you may of caused some damage, this is highlighted in the A7750 user guides, and a common problem found by those who do not read the advice on how to look after the movement.  

If you are trying to set the date whilst the time is between 10PM and 2AM, you may of caused some damage, this is highlighted in the A7750 user guides, and a common problem found by those who do not read the advice on how to look after the movement.

Hate to contradict you M but all A7750's I have ever seen have a special date advance wheel which makes it impossible to mess up. This opposed to the ETA 7750 which does have this problem. So in that regard the design of the A7750 is better than the ETA.

So my guess is the problem lies not with the date advance gear but setting lever or yoke instead. Probably just something out of place. Could even be the hack causing problems.

• Like 1