When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul Newman Vintage Daytona Dial coronet

azbank

I have installed gen coronets on mine, centering them slightly better. But it is a very delicate operation - you have to be careful not to get/smear cement beyond the backside of the coronet when placing it onto the dial face. Also, because you cannot really fill the holes without drawing attention to the area, you can only move the coronet up a bit. From normal viewing distances, no one can tell, but, in the hands of an expert with a loupe, it may still be a giveaway.

IMG_0003_1_2_tonemapped1_zps616d3ba6.jpg

My black 6263 dial luckily enough had the gen like horizontal holes underneath the coronet itself which I just broached very little believe it or not with a needle and a little bit of taping, the reason being was because the legs were just a tad bit thicker, once I broached the holes a little the coronet was able to sit right in the holes then secured with loc-tite super glue from the back of the dial, as for my albino dial, this one was tricky being that it had vertical holes underneath the coronet, I took a file to the back of the gen coronet and took the legs all the way down so they no longer exist, when I applied the coronet to the dial a used a 3M adhesive spray that acts as a glue to avoid damaging the dial, I lined up the highest point of the coronet to cover the top hole of the holes on the dial itself that way both holes would now be hidden by the new gen coronet.. Lol make sense??

-Will

Would  a 1601/1603  DateJust coronet do the trick?

1 of mine came from a DJ dial (I cannot remember which).

The coronets, even on the same model dial, tended to vary, so just find 1 that matches the style of the coronet in your gen Daytona pics. It does not matter what model dial it comes from as long as the coronet is from a gen dial & the style is similar to the coronet on the gen Daytona.

• Like 1